2019 Depth Chart released

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Bama legacy that was 247 Composite 5* recruit. Took a RS his first year on campus. Hasn't played any meaningful snap in his three years in Tuscaloosa. Most everyone took it to mean he was a bust and only a product of playing weak competition at Gordo.

Now, everyone is hopeful he's got it all together.
And most importantly to me...

Not a CRYBABY quitter who put his name in the transfer portal at the first sign of adversity. I’m pulling for him to have a Levi Wallace breakout!!! Roll Ben Roll!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
He’s suspended for the first two games.

I know, but why put him on the depth chart at all if that's the reason? Is it expected that he's still going to be third string when he comes off suspension?

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I would rather not risk Diggs on Punt returns. To me, losing him was probably the costly injury last year.

Couldn't agree more. He and Terrel Lewis could have completely changed our defense. I Would like to think the secondary would have been a much more formidable opponent for Clemson and young Mr. Ross with a healthy and seasoned Diggs and ANY pressure on Lawrence.

Last edited:

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Saban said that it means that there was still competition there.
Ya but it seems to me that the person left of the slash shows who is ahead in the competition. Maybe not? I guess at the end of the year we can see how accurate the slash is in determining the starter even though there was still competition prior to the first game.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Well, apparently it's started to mean something to him. Second string at that, which means he'll see some PT...
I’m curious how, what, or why the lights finally came on for him. Golding and Sunseri’s influence perhaps? Regardless, I’m happy to see it and am hoping the best for him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Ya but it seems to me that the person left of the slash shows who is ahead in the competition. Maybe not? I guess at the end of the year we can see how accurate the slash is in determining the starter even though there was still competition prior to the first game.
I got that sense reading it, too. The guy to the left of the slash seemed to consistently be the guy who has been reported as receiving more reps with the starters in practice, too.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Sometimes that's the case, and sometimes it's situational. i.e. Shy Carter. Probably start at SS if we are in base, but will be star in nickel, and mayden would start at SS <OR> if it's a better matchup, Surtain might move to Star, with Carter still at SS, and have Jobe slide into corner. Same with Davis/Mwikuta. If their turn comes, it's more likely Davis would be in for situations with more of a run tendency, or an either/or read, with King maybe getting the nod in a pure pass rush situation.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I love to see how many freshman are on the two deep. Especially on defense. Will lose at least 6 starters on D next year. Hoping the d-line guys and secondary guys get lots of reps this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I got that sense reading it, too. The guy to the left of the slash seemed to consistently be the guy who has been reported as receiving more reps with the starters in practice, too.
That is how I would look at it also but I have seen from practice insiders that Evan Neal was first out with the 1's on offense and Josh Jobe was the first out at CB on defense. I guess we will see Saturday.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Players have been talking up Jobe lately about how physical he is. I’m beyond excited to see this secondary in action.

Clemson81to85

Aug 26, 2017
Clemson fan here. Nice to see Justin Eboigbe make second team as a true frosh. I taught him first semester of the 2018/2019 school year. He worked hard to complete the class ahead of schedule and become an early enrollee at Bama. He's a good kid, hard worker, and quick learner. All my best wishes for him. Good luck to y'all in the 2019 season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.