Ole Miss Game Time on 9/28

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey Folks, does anybody have any inside info on the kick-off time for the Ole Miss game on 9/28. My wife is trying to convince me to go to a wedding, but I don't want to miss the game. Thanks for any help. Krymsonman

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Hey Folks, does anybody have any inside info on the kick-off time for the Ole Miss game on 9/28. My wife is trying to convince me to go to a wedding, but I don't want to miss the game. Thanks for any help. Krymsonman
It really depends on how teams play up until then. Networks will not start taking games until like a week before the game. But ……………………….The early CBS game will either likely pick this game up or the Auburn / State game. The other likely being that night on ESPN. South Carolina plays Kentucky that day which likely is the SEC network game. And I think ESPN 2 would probably pick up the Aggies/ Hawgs matchup. Unless the Aggies upset Clemson then all bets are off.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The kickoff time is ANY Saturday in the Fall...my wife knows better than to ask!!!��

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I'm going to the same game and did some research of my own to make a prediction. My best guess is 6:00 PM kickoff and aired by ESPN.

Here's my rationale. If you look back at the past several years of that game, it's only been a 2:30 CBS game in years Ole Miss was a real contender. That's obviously not the case this year.

As Blindside17 said, too, CBS is most likely to pick up the Auburn/Mississippi State game. That's because CBS already would have shown Bama and South Carolina two weeks prior. I just don't see CBS wanting Bama/Ole Miss in the 2:30 slot. So... I'd say with some confidence we're headed for ESPN at either 6:00 or 7:00 PM.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I plan to attend that game and also the "Nick at Noon" lunch the day prior. I kind of hope it's a night game so I can see the new light display in the stadium, but I'd be okay with a mid afternoon game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Let's try to work through it with the other games:

Alabama-Ole Miss
Arky-ATM
Auburn-MSU
UK-SCAR

Bye - Tenn, UGA, Mizzou, LSU

If Ole Miss is unbeaten then we have a good shot at the 230 game.

What I think counts against us is the "five game per season" limit in the CBS contract.

We will - without question - play on CBS against SCAR, LSU, and Auburn. There's a VERY good chance the Vols game will be on CBS as well.

So that leaves (most likely) the ATM game. However, as that's the same day as LSU-Florida, I'm thinking that's likely not going to be on CBS anyway.

That increases the odds of Ole Miss being on CBS.

However - if I were a betting man, I'm thinking:
a) Auburn-MSU is likely the national game
b) it's more probable than not to be a 6pm (or thereabouts) kickoff

We've actually only played Ole Miss on CBS twice since 2010. The first time the Black Bear/Landshark/Rebels were undefeated, and the second time the game was chosen under the assumption they would be undefeated (2016, when they promptly blew a 28-6 lead over FSU).

The good thing - he says with fingers crossed - is that since so many SEC teams have that weekend off, it will NOT be an 8 pm start.

Please??????

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Thanks Selma. I knew I could count on you for the most in depth analysis. I'm thinking night game also mainly because I think CBS would consider either Arky-A&M or State-Barn more attractive games. I'm hoping for a 6pm start.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Thanks Selma. I knew I could count on you for the most in depth analysis. I'm thinking night game also mainly because I think CBS would consider either Arky-A&M or State-Barn more attractive games. I'm hoping for a 6pm start.
I've been wrong on this, but that's the general logic.

The reason the 2014 Iron Bowl was on ESPN is because CBS wanted the MSU-Alabama showdown when the Dawgs were #1.

That's the price they paid for it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Last couple years have been ESPN night games so I would say it’s a safe bet that lasts the same thing this year
But there were indisputably better games (perception wise before the contest) those years, too:

2018 - LSU vs Auburn
2017 - UGA vs Tenn
2015 - LSU vs Auburn
2013 -LSU vs Georgia

LSU, Tennessee, and UGA have bye weeks that particular week , so it increases our chances.

I doubt CBS will do it, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.