Enos rips Miami Freshman QB after loss to UF

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
First, even if Enos is right (I don't think he is), and Williams didn't play well, the press is not the place to discuss that. What's the point? Is he trying to turn public opinion against the kid? No matter what industry you're in, publicly trashing someone you want his team to follow is a huge blunder in Management 101. Shoot, Management 001.

Compounding that, you're dealing with someone who, 365 days ago, was at most one game into his senior year of HS ball.

That interview has the hallmarks of the kinds of officers who got fragged in Viet Nam.

Second: If, as you say, your QB played like crap, and your OL gave up 10 sacks, how do you figure, "we played well enough to win"?

Bad management move, and worse look for the program.
Not that it makes that much of a difference but I'm pretty sure Williams is a RS freshman..

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Oh well, I had a small hope Miami could challenge Clemson, but one game in and they are already imploding.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Oh well, I had a small hope Miami could challenge Clemson, but one game in and they are already imploding.
That was my thoughts as well ... they still have time to turn it around but Diaz really has to work on cleaning up a lot of things ... including assistant coaches.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Hey Dan,

Hope that you and your wife enjoy South Florida—be sure to take it all in—because you won’t be there very long.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Miami's Freshman QB. played like a Freshman.
Enos was quick to throw him under the bus.
I saw a coaching failure too.
Hope there is extra room under that bus.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I agree with the writer that it was more the OL's fault than the QB.
I think it was a combination. Williams clearly held onto the ball too long on several botched plays. He's got learn to make his reads quicker and get rid of the ball when there's nothing there. Williams tried to make something out of nothing far too often.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
He should throw that O-Line under the bus for the way they failed to protect him all night. Dude had to run for his life and plus he threw 0 picks. What did you expect to happen?

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
As a coach, you just cannot handle this situation like this. PERRIOD.
If DE is such a good coach he should have made adjustments to help his young qb out.
The guy got pummeled and never turned the ball over or made "That" mistake.
I, too, am glad that he and others are not on our staff.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Went and lurked on some Miami boards. They seemed to be split into three camps: (1) Whether Enos was right or wrong about Williams' performance, they liked his (Enos's) feistiness, and have needed more demanding coaching for some years now.....if the kid can't take being called out in public, he doesn't need to be there. (2) Others said that Enos was right about Williams's performance, but handled the situation wrong. (3) Still others said Enos was wrong all the way around.

In a close call, without actually counting posts, it seemed like Option #1 was in the lead, which may give some insight into that fanbase.

Sorry, I can't link....lots of non-TF language. You'll have to do your own Google search.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Could still be time to reunite him and "the other OC" wannabe, Gattis, at Meeshegan to smite the Crimson Tide defense in the C+ Bowl...

Reactions: Rush

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.