Enos rips Miami Freshman QB after loss to UF

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
and if Enos really feels that way it makes me curious about the whole evaluation process. Tate Martell is probably their best option but they can't see that!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Pathetic he would talk about his young QB like that. He was sacked 10 times! Never turned the ball over. Enos sounds like he is looking to deflect any responsibility from himself.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Right or wrong, not a good look for the new Miami coaching staff. Blaming one player publicly for a team loss is classless. Diaz needs to have a serious sit down with Enos and put a muzzle on him for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Tenntiderman

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even Miami fans think that this is a jerk move, and all they do is run their mouths.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
The thing is that it was evident from
the first quarter that Miami could not block UF’s DL, but Enos never adjusted. Herbie and Fowler even commented on it several times.

It’s one thing to hold people accountable, but to come out that harshly against a guy making his first start against a very good defense is pretty sad. I came away from the game being pretty impressed by him. He completed 63% of his passes and no INT’s under that kind of pressure.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Right or wrong, not a good look for the new Miami coaching staff. Blaming one player publicly for a team loss is classless. Diaz needs to have a serious sit down with Enos and put a muzzle on him for the rest of the year.
I agree totally. While the freshman QB probably can improve in the areas mentioned, it was totally classless to criticize those points publicly when it was clear he had absolutely no protection from his OL. Enos sounds more like a "QB terrorist" than a "QB whisperer".

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
First, even if Enos is right (I don't think he is), and Williams didn't play well, the press is not the place to discuss that. What's the point? Is he trying to turn public opinion against the kid? No matter what industry you're in, publicly trashing someone you want his team to follow is a huge blunder in Management 101. Shoot, Management 001.

Compounding that, you're dealing with someone who, 365 days ago, was at most one game into his senior year of HS ball.

That interview has the hallmarks of the kinds of officers who got fragged in Viet Nam.

Second: If, as you say, your QB played like crap, and your OL gave up 10 sacks, how do you figure, "we played well enough to win"?

Bad management move, and worse look for the program.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is something he should have said to the young man in private, even away from any of his teammates. To say this to the media shows an extreme lack of tact and quite frankly, intelligence.

I'm glad this clown isn't in Tuscaloosa anymore.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.