le'ron mcclain is struggling with head injury issues - si article

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Dept of Neurology at Mass General is doing a study. Sadly, they can't study the brain for CTE until after death, I believe. I pray he is not suffering from the ALS like Turner and Tim Green of the Atlanta Falcons who was featured on 60 minutes last Sunday.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We dress up our modern-day gladiators with pads and helmets but when you boil it down we continue to be spectators entertained by watching players doing things that can seriously impact their lives in a very negative way.

Over the years, there have been lots of debates here about a player's pro career. Many have argued that a player who signs a big bonus contract but then doesn't get much playing time or is out of football in just a few short years...that that player is a bust.

I've long thought that the player who signs a big contract, then gets out of the game fairly soon, with his health relatively intact...that player is a winner in life even if his college fans are disappointed he won't be setting records and ruining his health with a long pro career.

Take the money and run while you still can.
The thing is, I for one hate the injuries. I've never enjoyed the bone jarring hits, even before we knew how much internal damage they were doing. What I love about football is the strategy. The techniques used to move the ball up and down the field and score, or prevent the other team from scoring. Setting up plays. Different formations. You get what I'm saying. I don't care for the violence, but unfortunately, it's not the same game without the contact and the violence has always been just a very short step away from the contact.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.