Rb1 and Rb2 sitting out first half against Duke

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Real punishment would be to make them listen to Slim Whitman sing Elvis songs instead of the regular music they listen to on their ear phones. A week of that will cure them.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Is this team doing everything they can to give me a heart attack? Sometimes, the #3 and #4 RB's are that because they can't BLOCK for the QB. Here's HOPING they grow up before Saturday at 2:30 p.m. (Grow up defined as Running the Ball well and BLOCKING to keep the QB from being INJURED?

How many total players are INJURED? Uh, Duke is going to Atlanta on Saturday NOT to just show up. They are coming to PROVE that they can stay on the field with Alabama. They do have an EXCELLENT Head Coach!

Here's hoping I see the 3rd team QB in the game in the 4th Quarter, NOT because of INJURIES, but because we are enough ahead of those Blue DEVILS to take it easy on them.
I think tOSU was supposed to beat the boiler makers last year with their second string. Their first string lost. I do not think Duke has the horses to keep up even with injured ILBs but Purdue did not have the horses last year either: they had the motivation.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If our success this season was predicated on the health of one, or even two, players... we were in for a tougher season that the most ardent Eeyore could have envisioned. Personally, I prefer to be of the glass mostly full persuasion and know that we will, on both sides of the ball, have 11 really good players on the field for each and every play. I believe in our eleven over anyone else's, period. Now, let's put the ball on the tee.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Suspensions possibly taking players out of the game for some period of time. Backup QB needs as much playing time as possible due to lack of experience. If there are any more injuries, we're going to have to start the waterboy at LB. Second and third stringers may have to start and/or need to play while the game is still in doubt due to lack of depth, running the full offense and trying to score, in addition to any time that they would normally get if we start to pull ahead. And to top it off...

After the game, if we win, that info will be lost/spun so it can be reported that we ran up the score if we kept the starters in the game for those extra minutes.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Robinson and Harris suspended for first half against Duke.

Bamainsider reporting that Terrell Lewis and Devonta Smith will also be suspended for some part of the game as well. Seriously, guys, c'mon!!

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/fou...-players-to-be-suspended-during-season-opener
It's not that I think we will lose to Duke because these four players are suspended, I don't. It does worry me, however, that four guys who will be big contributors and who should be leaders for us are doing things to get suspended. I hope it is just some silly little things that amount to nothing, but it could be an indication of larger problems with leadership. We shall see.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Robinson and Harris suspended for first half against Duke.

We don't know if they are suspended for first half or first quarter. I suspect we might get some kind of idea tonight on Coach Saban's show.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think tOSU was supposed to beat the boiler makers last year with their second string. Their first string lost. I do not think Duke has the horses to keep up even with injured ILBs but Purdue did not have the horses last year either: they had the motivation.
I get where you are going but it was not in the first game of the year and we know how dominant we have been in 1st games. Two is we are not OSU (no offense B1G).

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Purdue had Rondale Moore. Dude put up like 200 yards and 2tds on Ohio State or something. Duke doesn't have Rondale Moore

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.