Rb1 and Rb2 sitting out first half against Duke

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
my goodness...we get our rear ends handed to us in January...then before the 1st game we get 4 guys suspended??? I'm thankful for the way CNS is laying the law down but this does speak of, as others have said, LEADERSHIP ISSUES on the team. We'll still win vs. Duke, but if this is not stopped in it's tracks...it will come back to bite us vs. other good teams.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Sounds like selfishness is still present. 3 of these guys have waited long stretches to show their stuff, and they do this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Stupid is as stupid does. Of course, we don't know the details, but we should be fine even if these guys miss the first half.

Bring on Chadarius Townsend and Keilan Robinson. This is your chance, guys. Make the most of it. Run hard and protect Tua in the pocket!

If I was CNS and we had the game well in hand at halftime, I'd consider not playing them at all. Grab some pine, boys! I got lots of guys foaming at the mouth to take your spot in the lineup.
That’s not a bad idea. Time to grow up. It’d be great if somehow some pro scouts could say something to them to the effect, “ You know guys, we noticed......”

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
These four all have superb reputations
It’s likely that it was something either beyond their control or someone misunderstood something.

They didn’t cheat on a test.
They didn’t beat anyone up
They didn’t drink and drive
They didn’t sell a text book
They didn’t get caught with pot
They didn’t get caught with a gun
They didn’t miss curfew

This sounds to me that Saban is using this to make a statement about the season. Sit then for a half. Get everyone’s attention. Let them come in the second half and work off their punishment.

This gets some youngsters focused on playing early.

Those of you acting like we should kick them off the team, or thinking we could get upset, etc. need to relax.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Yep...everything is back to normal on Tidefans!!!

You know...with a bunch of grown folks overreacting to what a few teenagers did...without knowing all of the details surrounding the situation!!!

SMH

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Yep...everything is back to normal on Tidefans!!!

You know...with a bunch of grown folks overreacting to what a few teenagers did...without knowing all of the details surrounding the situation!!!

SMH
Yeah, I just hate to see these guys not get on the field........... but rules are rules( and yeah, we’ve all broken them and suffered the consequences)

Probably nothing more than it is....... hopefully they come out in the 2nd half mad

BamaTilDeath

Scout Team
Jun 3, 2017
Re: It's that time yet again.... Pick the score: Alabama vs. Duke

With the developments of losing 4 key players for a half, I am predicting 24-10.
Wow! The Clemson beating got us Bama fans still traumatized. Bama will destroy Duke by 4 TDs without Bama key players.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I remember Coach Saban saying he likes a tough opponent to start the season because he has found that brings and extra bit of focus and attention to detail leading up to the season opener. I know it shouldn't matter but makes me think the man knows what he is talking about.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
These four all have superb reputations
It’s likely that it was something either beyond their control or someone misunderstood something.

They didn’t cheat on a test.
They didn’t beat anyone up
They didn’t drink and drive
They didn’t sell a text book
They didn’t get caught with pot
They didn’t get caught with a gun
They didn’t miss curfew

This sounds to me that Saban is using this to make a statement about the season. Sit then for a half. Get everyone’s attention. Let them come in the second half and work off their punishment.

This gets some youngsters focused on playing early.

Those of you acting like we should kick them off the team, or thinking we could get upset, etc. need to relax.
I've heard at least for two of them that they missed a team event, likely a team movie.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
In this day and age paying attention to detail is getting harder to do. I appreciate CNS doing what he thinks is necessary to get their attention. Paying attention to detail is what has made CNS successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've heard at least for two of them that they missed a team event, likely a team movie.
That's exactly what it was. The team recently saw "Angel Has Fallen." The players missed it.

The overreaction by some should be surprising, but it's not.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Good heavens! I'm not sure what is more shocking...losing 4 players or the idea this affects the outcome of the game OR that they get kicked off the team :rolleye2:

Seriously...some of you need to step back from the ledge!

The biggest impact, as a poster noted, is a 3rd or 4th team RB not picking up a blitz.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.