AAC asks NCAA to eliminate divisions in CCG...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Re: AAC to eliminate divisions in CCG...

Why? Doesn't it make college football a lot of money? Do they think the NCAA will exist if their money sports lose money?
None of them will lose a dime. They will keep their CGs and do just what the NCAA allows them to do. The NCAA is not going to come off of the round robin precedent.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: AAC to eliminate CCG

No, they did not let the Big 12 do what the AAC is asking to do. The Big 12 was told whatever they did, it had to be with round robin schedules. The AAC will be told the same thing.
The Big 12 was already doing a round robin with 10 teams, no one made them do that. They even had commercials bragging about it and saying "one true champion". This hilariously backfired and they had 2 teams tie and get left out of the first playoff.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

The Big 12 was already doing a round robin with 10 teams, no one made them do that. They even had commercials bragging about it and saying "one true champion". This hilariously backfired and they had 2 teams tie and get left out of the first playoff.
The Big 12 asked for the same thing the AAC is asking for; a CG without divisions and without a round robin. The NCAA said no. They told the Big 12 that whatever they did it would have to be with a round robin schedule. Why would they tell the AAC anything different? The precedent has been set.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

The Big 12 asked for the same thing the AAC is asking for; a CG without divisions and without a round robin. The NCAA said no. They told the Big 12 that whatever they did it would have to be with a round robin schedule. Why would they tell the AAC anything different? The precedent has been set.
Where is your proof of this conversation because they played a round robin with no conference championship and even bragged about their round robin. They had commercials about it. The only reason they asked for a championship was because of the 2014 playoff and how they got left out.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Where is your proof of this conversation because they played a round robin with no conference championship and even bragged about their round robin. They had commercials about it. The only reason they asked for a championship was because of the 2014 playoff and how they got left out.

", provided it plays a round-robin regular season schedule as the Big 12 does now." This would not be in there if the Big 12 had not asked for a wavier as has the AAC.

NCAA votes to allow Big 12 to hold football title game - USA Today

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

", provided it plays a round-robin regular season schedule as the Big 12 does now." This would not be in there if the Big 12 had not asked for a wavier as has the AAC.

NCAA votes to allow Big 12 to hold football title game - USA Today

I cannot click on your link because it wants me to turn off my adblocker which I refuse to do. Does the article specifically state they asked for a waiver of the round robin? I don't remember them ever asking for a waiver. They played a round robin before all this. Their whole thing was "One true champion". They only decided to play a championship game because they were losing points with the committee. If they had just declared a champion in 2014 and had not done those idiot commercials of "One true champion" and then had 2 teams tie and then when further with the idiocy and named co-champions none of this would matter. Their stinking website stills says "We are the only conference to play a round robin". So I find it hard to believe they would ever ask for a waiver not to do that. I thought their waiver was to let them play a championship game despite only having 10 teams (or fewer than 12).

I looked it up on another site and oddly enough the legislation was actually started by the ACC and the Big 12 to deregulate the conference championship games in April 2015. Why on Earth the ACC chimed in on this is just a mystery. It passed January 2016. No mention of the Big 12 asking for no round robin but does mention that was part of the legislation.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

I cannot click on your link because it wants me to turn off my adblocker which I refuse to do. Does the article specifically state they asked for a waiver of the round robin? I don't remember them ever asking for a waiver. They played a round robin before all this. Their whole thing was "One true champion". They only decided to play a championship game because they were losing points with the committee. If they had just declared a champion in 2014 and had not done those idiot commercials of "One true champion" and then had 2 teams tie and then when further with the idiocy and named co-champions none of this would matter. Their stinking website stills says "We are the only conference to play a round robin". So I find it hard to believe they would ever ask for a waiver not to do that. I thought their waiver was to let them play a championship game despite only having 10 teams (or fewer than 12).

I looked it up on another site and oddly enough the legislation was actually started by the ACC and the Big 12 to deregulate the conference championship games in April 2015. Why on Earth the ACC chimed in on this is just a mystery. It passed January 2016. No mention of the Big 12 asking for no round robin but does mention that was part of the legislation.
Think about it. Why would any conference want a division-less round-robin schedule to determine the participants for a CG? Conferences that are doing it by the rule, which requires divisions, don't even want an occasional re-match. A division-less round-robin schedules guarantees an ANNUAL re-match. ANY conference that asks for a division-less format is going to ask for a wavier on the round-robin schedule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.