Dylan Moses hurt according to Aaron Suttles

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Shane Lee probably has a higher playcalling ceiling than Moses. He's not a savant but he did this in HS, including making a lot of checks, as his HS had a relatively complex D. He was the D QB of a HS team his Sr year that allowed 0 points in the regular season. So, he definitely has the potential to do a decent-good job this year. He is a special kid who does not have Moses' athletic ability or experience but is more stout, tougher, with a higher football IQ than Moses. Lee may not develop as fans hope, but your guarantee of a devastating blow is way overstated. You could be right but probably not. Vegas has not even changed its season team odds regarding Alabama. They know that the effect of one player in football is usually way overstated. If Alabama doesn't wear him out by overplaying him, as they are wont to do, he has the potential of being as good or better than Moses at the end of the season, however unlikely that may be.
On whether it’s devastating or not, I concede that no one really knows and that we shall see. As great of a physical talent and seasoned player that Mack Wilson was last year, he never mastered the position especially from a mental standpoint and quite frankly struggled all season long. I just think asking a true freshman to do the same is a tall order.
I WILL say this—the more that I read about Shane Lee, the more that I am impressed with the young man. IF he can stay away from the injury bug that seems to infest our athletic facilities, then I think he will grow and develop into a big time contributor on D.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.