Dylan Moses hurt according to Aaron Suttles

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ok, because the numbers are thin at LB...who do you think will be asked to switch position groups to build depth at MLB? :cool2:

No doubt an Outside LB, but besides that, who do you think?
It's a unique body type.....the closest thing "might" -- "might" be a tight end.....but usually they are taller and slower than what you need there......

OJT is the best way to learn sometimes -- We have plenty of talent around the two ILB positions -- I think we'll be fine!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Heck I'm just happy that we made it to 4pm and no news of someone getting hurt today.

Take your victories where you can.....

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The sad fact of these injuries is probably just due to all these guys being athletic freaks. Humans were not made to move that fast, change directions that nimbly, and jump so far with a body that big.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The sad fact of these injuries is probably just due to all these guys being athletic freaks. Humans were not made to move that fast, change directions that nimbly, and jump so far with a body that big.
I don’t disagree. Kind of like thoroughbred horses — in order to be successful at the highest level, their bodies are built and trained and conditioned to the limit of what they’re designed for. Doesn’t take much additional stress in the wrong place to push human bone or connective tissue beyond its limit.

Just curious, not that it matters much, but is there any information on whether the Moses, McMillon or Sanders injuries were the result of contact? Lately it seems that a lot of feet and knees just snap away from the action, with no contact whatsoever. It’s always happened (Kerry Goode), but seems more frequent now.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
This 50 year old could play in DM’s place on Saturday and we could still win by 50 points. And again, this injury certainly does not mean that the season is lost, but those trying to say that this injury does not have a devastating impact on a championship run are whistling past the grave yard. I predict that people will misread early results but the problem won’t be apparent until we get into the meat of our schedule. With the exception of possibly Texas AM, it won’t matter until November. THAT is when I predict that we will feel the loss. We can still have a great year but big-time sec programs that we play in November and beyond will be able to exploit this weakness.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This 50 year old could play in DM’s place on Saturday and we could still win by 50 points. And again, this injury certainly does not mean that the season is lost, but those trying to say that this injury does not have a devastating impact on a championship run are whistling past the grave yard. I predict that people will misread early results but the problem won’t be apparent until we get into the meat of our schedule. With the exception of possibly Texas AM, it won’t matter until November. THAT is when I predict that we will feel the loss. We can still have a great year but big-time sec programs that we play in November and beyond will be able to exploit this weakness.
The hope is you build the weakness into a strength by the time November gets here. You talk about misreading early results. It doesn't matter if you are playing New Mexico State; those live reps, starting, are invaluable for the freshman ball player. Especially if he can learn from his mistakes without costing the team a win. If you are to suffer an injury to such an important player like Moses, far better for it to happen before the season begins than during the 3rd quarter of the Tennessee game. And this is a great thing about starting the season with Duke instead of Clemson.

One last point, and credit to some guy I heard on the radio earlier today. We've now seen true freshmen come in and excel at what is supposed to be the most difficult position to play - QB. Why can't it happen at LB?

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Let's all hope and pray that we are done with injuries at LB. The season hasn't even started yet, what are the odds this group makes it through 15 games unscathed? Especially with our recent bad luck.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Shane Lee probably has a higher playcalling ceiling than Moses. He's not a savant but he did this in HS, including making a lot of checks, as his HS had a relatively complex D. He was the D QB of a HS team his Sr year that allowed 0 points in the regular season. So, he definitely has the potential to do a decent-good job this year. He is a special kid who does not have Moses' athletic ability or experience but is more stout, tougher, with a higher football IQ than Moses. Lee may not develop as fans hope, but your guarantee of a devastating blow is way overstated. You could be right but probably not. Vegas has not even changed its season team odds regarding Alabama. They know that the effect of one player in football is usually way overstated. If Alabama doesn't wear him out by overplaying him, as they are wont to do, he has the potential of being as good or better than Moses at the end of the season, however unlikely that may be.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Let's all hope and pray that we are done with injuries at LB. The season hasn't even started yet, what are the odds this group makes it through 15 games unscathed? Especially with our recent bad luck.
I would say that they are great. Time and chance often even out over time. Not including a few bumps and bruises. Other than TL, this group has a really good chance - certainly the 2 MLBs.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Shane Lee probably has a higher playcalling ceiling than Moses. He's not a savant but he did this in HS, including making a lot of checks, as his HS had a relatively complex D. He was the D QB of a HS team his Sr year that allowed 0 points in the regular season. So, he definitely has the potential to do a decent-good job this year. He is a special kid who does not have Moses' athletic ability or experience but is more stout, tougher, with a higher football IQ than Moses. Lee may not develop as fans hope, but your guarantee of a devastating blow is way overstated. You could be right but probably not. Vegas has not even changed its season team odds regarding Alabama. They know that the effect of one player in football is usually way overstated. If Alabama doesn't wear him out by overplaying him, as they are wont to do, he has the potential of being as good or better than Moses at the end of the season, however unlikely that may be.
Interesting take...he seems to be a quality football player. But if I'm Duke I've spent the last four days figuring out how to target our ILB's. And if I'm UA I've spent the last four days figuring out how to minimize that effect. Chess match here we come...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Touchdown Alabama has an article (screenshot on fb so no link) that has Saban saying that Lee and Harris have been calling plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Touchdown Alabama has an article (screenshot on fb so no link) that has Saban saying that Lee and Harris have been calling plays.

Yeah, I mentioned that in earlier in the thread and that I thought they were capable of doing that. I believe it was Someone else that suggested that they may not be able to do the adjustment on the fly. We will see.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Just heard that Rolando McClain has been reinstated by the NFL. Maybe we can see if the NCAA will reinstate him as well?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I would think that that would be a part of taking reps at the Mike position anyways... :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.