Dylan Moses hurt according to Aaron Suttles

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really wanted to see Harris and Lee this year, but not like this.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Why, oh why, do we have a curse on linebackers. It really is unbelievable, especially when this does not seem to happen to other teams. I wonder how it happened, because there's so many ways you can tear an ACL. Here's to a speedy recovery for Dylan.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
They may be talented, but they don't have two years of experience.
Exactly. Talent and athleticism help you deliver hard hits and keep up with receivers - experience puts you in the position you need to be in to make those hits and see those receivers.
Often, there is just no substitute for time. The young ones need it on the field to play freely.
If an LB gets a step, they may be able to make it up on pure talent.
If they entirely whiff on the gap, bite on the fake, cover the wrong guy - well, natural talent and athleticism won't help.

But they will get there. They just need to see snaps-not like this, but that's how it's gonna be.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gonna have to average 60 a game......

But what we'll likely do is run the ball more to shorten games and keep our defense off the field, furthering exposing what thin depth we do have in spots to injury.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’d rather grind them into oblivion. Jeudy going for 75 in one play doesn’t help the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course, but we'll probably give up more points because of this development. I'm just saying it changes the dynamics of things...maybe Tua having more PT later into some games AND it increases the likelihood of us getting into a B12 type shootout with some teams later in the year.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I wonder if it’s the linebackers turning and twisting from their initial lineup position to hurry to their spot in zone or man that’s causing the twist and torque necessary to tear these ACLs

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Tua throws for 5000 now?
You may not be far off Mr. Moon. With all of the defensive injuries etc, my mindset would tell me that no lead is really safe. I know CNS is known for not trying to run up scores etc, but in this case, some extra padding may be necessary. Also, more ball control to keep the defense off of the field.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They may be talented, but they don't have two years of experience.
One of the reasons we did so well to recover from Hightower's injury in 2009, was that we had Cory Reamer (who had been at Alabama since the Nixon administration) to fall back on. He did not have the athletic gifts that Hightower did, but his experience made up the gaps.

Now, we're relying on true freshmen? It's going to be a roller coaster year, I'm afraid. The offense really does need to be prepared to score every time they get the ball.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
While we will definitely have to score often, there are still at least a half dozen guys starting on the D side that will be early round picks...We are very talented on both sides...experience will absolutely hurt early, but they have some time to get in sync...Cory Reamer was a gem, a true example of Alabama football...RTR!!!
One of the reasons we did so well to recover from Hightower's injury in 2009, was that we had Cory Reamer (who had been at Alabama since the Nixon administration) to fall back on. He did not have the athletic gifts that Hightower did, but his experience made up the gaps.

Now, we're relying on true freshmen? It's going to be a roller coaster year, I'm afraid. The offense really does need to be prepared to score every time they get the ball.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
While we will definitely have to score often, there are still at least a half dozen guys starting on the D side that will be early round picks...We are very talented on both sides...experience will absolutely hurt early, but they have some time to get in sync...Cory Reamer was a gem, a true example of Alabama football...RTR!!!
I agree. But we had that kind of talent last year. When you have holes, whether it is from a lack of talent or a lack of experience, opposing coaches will find and exploit them. It doesn't mean you are destined to lose, but it may mean a sorry team like Arkansas will put up 31 on you. I'm not ready to panic about losing. Not with Nick Saban at the helm. But the kinds of games I enjoy most, the 52-3 beat downs and even the 28-0 beat downs, are probably not going to be the norm this season. And, that's ok. We all may need a few extra tums.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

To the contrary we had to rely on Holcombe in 2017 after the LB injuries and it didn’t go well down the stretch so it depends.

I do think this changes everything on the offense though, do we go full Big 12 and outscore everyone or do we try to emphasize on time of possession and try to keep the ball longer?

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
The first two games are cupcakes so that is a good thing. South Carolina will start to put that little bit of experience to task.
Just looking for some good I guess.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I really hate this for Dylan. This has not been a good week for Alabama football, but we will work through it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.