Hurricane Dorian

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
My wife and I were leaving out to go to disney world friday the sixth. Bazza would this be something that I cancel?
I would wait just a bit and see if you can. There should be a bit more clarity about where it will hit or even if it will hit. There are more models showing the possibility that it could veer north and never actually make land in Florida. It depends on the strength of the pressure system coming from the north that's driving the hurricane's course as it travels west. You might get to see Mickey after all! What's your time frame regarding reservation cancellations?

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I guess one of my concerns is being able to buy gas if all stations are out. I can still cancel but am going to wait to see what it does but the concern is there.

Last edited:

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I guess one of my concerns is being able to buy gas if all stations are out. I can still cancel but am going to wait to see what it does but the concern is there.
Yes. That is definitely a concern. I don't know if the app, Gas Buddy, might help with that? I'm in West Palm Beach and, we can still get gas. Various stations have run out at times but they have still been able to get deliveries so it's been temporary. That's a hard thing to predict. This entire storm has been that way and it's moving more slowly every time I check!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My wife and I were leaving out to go to disney world friday the sixth. Bazza would this be something that I cancel?
Agree with all posted by Maudiemae, CFM.

Right now we're just in a holding pattern as far as where the storm goes and how much damage we receive.

I'd wait until we know more before making any firm decisions. I'd think we'll know more by Monday and certainly by Tuesday.

There's plenty of gas in the state and the trucks are still making deliveries from the port to the stations so hoping that won't be an issue. Seems like everyone has their tanks filled up by now as well, based on what I've seen...lol.

Best of luck to you.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
My wife got home this morning after a 24-hour shift. She does the anesthesia for the labor and delivery unit. All the moms scheduled for delivery next week are having everything moved up. My wife did about a dozen cases (at about 90 minutes each). It's going to be a long weekend.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
My wife got home this morning after a 24-hour shift. She does the anesthesia for the labor and delivery unit. All the moms scheduled for delivery next week are having everything moved up. My wife did about a dozen cases (at about 90 minutes each). It's going to be a long weekend.
Yeah. That's going to be rough, no question. Everybody's been scrambling but some, like your wife, are truly in for some grueling days.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Dorian has now grown to a Cat 5 and we're waiting for it to turn north.

How far west it comes before making that turn will be the main factor in how hard the coast gets hit.

I'm working outside today to tighten things down. I don't mind a little wind and rain but hoping we don't lose power, even though I have a generator, it's still a PITA when that happens.

In the meantime sending out thoughts and prayers for those in his path - in particular those in the Bahamas.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/DorianTrack/status/1168070604685111297

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Dorian has now grown to a Cat 5 and we're waiting for it to turn north.

How far west it comes before making that turn will be the main factor in how hard the coast gets hit.

I'm working outside today to tighten things down. I don't mind a little wind and rain but hoping we don't lose power, even though I have a generator, it's still a PITA when that happens.

In the meantime sending out thoughts and prayers for those in his path - in particular those in the Bahamas.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/DorianTrack/status/1168070604685111297

Oh, gosh, I know. The Bahamas are just going to get destroyed! It's supposed to hang over them forever and the wind speeds just continue to increase. This thing is a beast. My heart goes out to everyone getting hit by it.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
We got home this afternoon. I have never been happier to be in New Jersey. It was worth cutting our Disney vacation by one day. Our son has their first day of school on Tuesday and we really didn’t want to take a chance when our travel agent told us United was waiving change of flight fees on Thursday, I jumped on it. It’s not like we haven’t been to Disney, we’ve vacationed there the past 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.