Hurricane Dorian

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I’m at the Polynesian, we fly out on Monday afternoon and our sons first day of school is on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yep, our son/stepson's restaurant business has gone dead...
Stores already cleaned out of bottled water plus bread and all gas stations had lines yesterday.

I picked up provisions for Mom and told her I'd bring her over to my place if need be so I could care for her needs. I have a generator here and a window AC unit. Too early to know how it will go but most of us here know the drill.

Glad I have scaled back in my landscaping business and don't have any new jobs with trees in. Even with bracing and staking they always suffer.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Stores already cleaned out of bottled water plus bread and all gas stations had lines yesterday.

I picked up provisions for Mom and told her I'd bring her over to my place if need be so I could care for her needs. I have a generator here and a window AC unit. Too early to know how it will go but most of us here know the drill.

Glad I have scaled back in my landscaping business and don't have any new jobs with trees in. Even with bracing and staking they always suffer.
We haven't heard back from Dan today so we think he's probably helping board up the business. Our house lies across the fall line and we've had a continuing problem with ground water seeping under the house. We finally decided to install a flume, box and pipe and take the water under and out to the low side. We were thinking maybe a continuation of the rocked existing trench, but it turned into the Grand Canyon, for several reasons. Here's a pic before the aggregated concrete is poured tomorrow. In the middle of this, I found out my grandson was in the hospital in France and missed an important meeting at lunch. Once again, vBulletin turns it on its side. Rotate to get the real pic...

20190829_155240[1].jpg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Oops! vBulletin flipped it totally upside down...
Looks like that will help, Earle. I have a downspout to work with tomorrow myself here but nothing too complicated. Just have to connect a piece of drain tubing and turn it in the right direction. Got a feeling were going to get some pretty good rains.

BTW, I just tried to re-upload it [after turning it for you] and got a message the file was too big. Can we increase our limit a little please, Brett? This happens a lot for me and I don't think my pics are that big. Not complaining, mind you - just a humble request. TIA!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Just pulled out my generator from my garage, which hasn't been used since Irma 2 years ago. It's a 2005 Wen Power 5500 with a (13 HP) GX390 Honda engine. Started first pull! Then shut off after a minute and I smelled gasoline. Fuel line popped off from vibration - and is brittle - so I'll replace in the morning. Relief to have that baby operational!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
My office sits on a narrow peninsula in downtown St. Augustine. It won't take much to flood out the building. At work tomorrow, we will spend the day boxing up everything needed to keep working remotely. I'll also be on sandbag duty. I expect to be working at a different location for while, maybe at Camp Blanding. We will be staying home because my wife will likely be required to report to one of her hospitals. Hopefully, Ponte Vedra Beach gets nothing more than steady rain and mild winds, but I expect it to be bad.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My office sits on a narrow peninsula in downtown St. Augustine. It won't take much to flood out the building. At work tomorrow, we will spend the day boxing up everything needed to keep working remotely. I'll also be on sandbag duty. I expect to be working at a different location for while, maybe at Camp Blanding. We will be staying home because my wife will likely be required to report to one of her hospitals. Hopefully, Ponte Vedra Beach gets nothing more than steady rain and mild winds, but I expect it to be bad.
Bodhi - good luck to you and yours. Please thank your wife for all her medical assistance. Hoping also it isn't as bad as it appears it might be.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.