LSU AD Scott Woodward Takes Silly Shot at Saban When Speaking to BR Rotary Club

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
a lot of that revenue is due to sponsorships, lack of parity due to some political reasons, and the relationship between the MLB-college sports compared to other sports and their professional and amateur components. But seriously how many Alabama women's basketball or Alabama hockey (yes we have a hockey team) games have you seen on tv compared to baseball? For an Alabama fan baseball probably ranks 5th on their support behind gymnastics and softball, but again ask a MSU, Vandy, South Carolina, and LSU fan where baseball ranks and they are probably far higher on baseball than an Alabama or Auburn fan.

The big issue with college baseball is that only a handful of teams have a realistic shot at making it to an 8 team tournament, and the rest are just hoping for a #4 seed in 1 regional in a 64 team tournament. Alabama fans really are just hoping to make it to Hoover every year in the hardest conference in baseball. So we are probably having a half full stadium on a good day. That is the fate of 90% of the programs in NCAA baseball before the 1st pitch is thrown in the season. But for that other 10% (MSU, Vandy, LSU, Florida, Arkansas, UCLA, Oregon St, Miami, and Texas) they do pretty well.

Point is yes its not an overall moneymaker, but it is well supported depending on who you are talking about.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Coach O is prolly begging him to shut up & not give Coach Saban any extra motivation to mud stomp the Swamp Kittens when we play..
I trust Coach 'O' ain't as dumb as he sounds...

I always thought big talk wasn't necessary if you drug em up and down the field.
Even a idiot can finally see when he should stop digging that hole.

On a semi-related subject. I met Les Miles, and Pat Dye.
Neither are as dumb as they pretend to be.

I'd say the LSU AD has some motivation I don't
know about.

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Wait, I never realized Bama had a hockey team. I Googled it and the jerseys are awesome. I know what I want Santa to bring me.:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.