Hurts a co-captain - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Re: Hurts a co-captain

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    owenfieldreams, this is NOT a criticism of you, so please don't take it as such. I'll pose it more as a question, than a statement. Am I the only one with a not so warm and fuzzy feeling about all the Hurts/OU stuff we are going to be bombarded with this year? There is still a part of me that isn't that thrilled with how it all went down. I can't quite put a finger on it, so I've mostly remained silent about it.

I do wish him well in life. I hope he's headed for an NFL career. But I guess I just wish the Alabama ties were not there.
    Concur with all you said except for the last sentence. ESPN & CBS & whoever covers OU will have unceasing chatter, video, highlights, documentaries about Jalen and how he persevered through so much adversity at Alabama and how OU has given him a fresh start. This is especially true if he plays at the same or higher level which he exhibited throughout his time at Alabama. He's a winner. He'll win and their perfect scenario is if OU-UA is a semifinal or final game and OU punches out UA. It will be sweet satisfaction for all non-UA people.

That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of (I got tired of seeing all the Tua - Hawaii family stuff over and over and over and over and over!).

The story really doesn't matter until and unless OU plays UA at the end of the season. All the best to Jalen and his newfound glory. He still has to keep the job by performing well.

BamaNation All-American

Maybe people would be happier if we just had a designated Jalen thread? that way people who want to avoid it can but people like me who like the updates can still get them.
    Last edited by RollTide_HTTR; August 29th, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Concur with all you said except for the last sentence. ESPN & CBS & whoever covers OU will have unceasing chatter, video, highlights, documentaries about Jalen and how he persevered through so much adversity at Alabama and how OU has given him a fresh start. This is especially true if he plays at the same or higher level which he exhibited throughout his time at Alabama. He's a winner. He'll win and their perfect scenario is if OU-UA is a semifinal or final game and OU punches out UA. It will be sweet satisfaction for all non-UA people.

That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of (I got tired of seeing all the Tua - Hawaii family stuff over and over and over and over and over!).

The story really doesn't matter until and unless OU plays UA at the end of the season. All the best to Jalen and his newfound glory. He still has to keep the job by performing well.
    The sports media (and all media) is really good at beating a story to death and beyond.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Well, at least the current OU players will be able to see Jalen's national championship ring and know what one looks like.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Ya'll, This thread is funny as heck! We all could use a laugh sometime.... Congratulation to Hurts! I"m excited for him.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    The sports media (and all media) is really good at beating a story to death and beyond.

8 miles wide and 1/32" deep.

My take: We have Tua. Everybody else doesn't... Eat it!

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Maybe people would be happier if we just had a designated Jalen thread? that way people who want to avoid it can but people like me you like the updates can still get them.
    If the new threads keep popping up that will likely happen.

We all love Jalen and generally want to see him successful, but we also all know where to find info on JH if we want to read it.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Hurts a co-captain

Iím just going to say what is on my mind. I know there are people who like the new transfer portal....Iím not one of them. Iím old school I guess. Thereís no point in telling me all its virtues...youíre welcome to your opinion and Iím welcome to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

I am happy for Hurts, as he has been one of my favorite Bama players over the years.

I kind of wish he was still with BAMA as the backup, but that is selfish of me to wish that. He has his future to think about. I just hope Mac does well as our backup.

If BAMA somehow does not make the playoffs (I think we can if we have no more major injuries), I will be pulling for Hurts and Oklahoma. I certainly do not want Clemson or UGA to win it all, especially Clemson again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of.
    I heard something about Mark Ingram's father being in prison, but I did not quite catch it...

... the first thirty times ESPN told me about it.
    Last edited by Tidewater; August 29th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

BamaNation Second Team

This right here, folks!!!

I love Jalen Hurts...and respect him greatly for the way that he carried himself last year. Heck...Daniel Moore would probably tell you that I was the inspiration behind the title of his painting that features Jalen, called ďCrimson Redemption.Ē

All this to say...even though Iíll be pulling for him to have a great year, I donít want to hear about it on my Bama message board. Not the same way that I wish we didnít have to see posts from the UGA crowd on the recruiting board...but still...Iíd rather not see it here.

Just offering my opinion...which doesnít amount to much in the grand design of the universe...but if you could make the UGA posters go away...lots of us would be appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    If the new threads keep popping up that will likely happen.

We all love Jalen and generally want to see him successful, but we also all know where to find info on JH if we want to read it.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    The Ohio State guys says Oklahoma news doesnít belong on the Alabama board.

Unless it's the All Bran guy complaining about the Sooner Schooner leaving behind horse apples that the Cowpatties could be composting to good use!

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    owenfieldreams, this is NOT a criticism of you, so please don't take it as such. I'll pose it more as a question, than a statement. Am I the only one with a not so warm and fuzzy feeling about all the Hurts/OU stuff we are going to be bombarded with this year? There is still a part of me that isn't that thrilled with how it all went down. I can't quite put a finger on it, so I've mostly remained silent about it.

I do wish him well in life. I hope he's headed for an NFL career. But I guess I just wish the Alabama ties were not there.
    I'm with you. I don't wish him any ill will, but I'm not rooting for him any more.