Hurts a co-captain - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Re: Hurts a co-captain

I wish Jalen well. I hope the move works out for him. But, if I want to know how or what he's doing, I know how to go find out. I really don' t want fans of his team regularly posting Jalen updates on this Bama board. Obviously, some do, just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Wait. BIGTide is now managing this forum? Beach time for me!
    Me too!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Concur with all you said except for the last sentence. ESPN & CBS & whoever covers OU will have unceasing chatter, video, highlights, documentaries about Jalen and how he persevered through so much adversity at Alabama and how OU has given him a fresh start. This is especially true if he plays at the same or higher level which he exhibited throughout his time at Alabama. He's a winner. He'll win and their perfect scenario is if OU-UA is a semifinal or final game and OU punches out UA. It will be sweet satisfaction for all non-UA people.

That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of (I got tired of seeing all the Tua - Hawaii family stuff over and over and over and over and over!).

The story really doesn't matter until and unless OU plays UA at the end of the season. All the best to Jalen and his newfound glory. He still has to keep the job by performing well.
    Amen! What our OU fans need to understand is that, while it's certainly of interest to Bama fans, the whole scenario is much more fascinating to OU fans than Bama fans. To them, Jalen is the present and future. To us, he is the past, which, as Saban frequently says, is immutable. Therefore, I also hope it's not overdone...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    The sports media (and all media) is really good at beating a story to death and beyond.
    This^^^ and, I would add that you watch football shows on TV at your own risk of seeing the talking heads reporting the Hurts to OU story at every opportunity. Just hit the MUTE or OFF button.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    This^^^ and, I would add that you watch football shows on TV at your own risk of seeing the talking heads reporting the Hurts to OU story at every opportunity. Just hit the MUTE or OFF button.
    I just found out that, with my new box and remote, I can say "Move ahead ten minutes." In other words - Sayonara, Shunarrah...
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; August 30th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

Name:  alexandershunnarah_750xx800-1067-0-0.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  50.0 KB

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

It’s 41-0 in Norman, early third quarter. Anyone know if Jalen is still in the game?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

They had a highlight and were talking heisman for him. Just made me laugh since he was second string for us and now is playing where defenses don't exist. How quickly the media forgets...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

I'm more interested in who we are than who we are not

BamaNation Hall of Fame tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I was looking at player stats through 2 weeks this morning and Jalen's numbers are just ridiculous right now....

34 of 41 (82.9% - 1st NCAA) for 591 Yards Passing and 6 TD's 0 INT's (14.4 YPA - 1st NCAA) and a QBR of (252.31 - 1st NCAA)

24 Carries for 223 Yards (18th Overall - 1st NCAA for QB's) 3 TD's (9.29 YPC - 25th Overall - 3rd NCAA for QB's) YPC

Total Yards: 814 (4th NCAA Overall) and Total TD's 9 (2nd NCAA Overall)

For some comparison the Stats Leader in the SEC right now is Joe Burrow!!! He's playing out of his MIND....

54 of 66 (81.8% - 3rd NCAA) for 749 Yards Passing (4th NCAA) and 9 TD's (1st NCAA) 1 INT (11.3 YPA - 6th NCAA) and a QBR of (219.11 - 2nd NCAA)

Finally here are Tua numbers....

42 of 55 (76.4% - 9th NCAA) for 563 Yards Passing and 7 TD's (7th NCAA) 0 INT's (10.2 YPA - 12th NCAA) and a QBR of (204.34 - 6th NCAA)

7 carries for 48 yards and 1 TD 6.9 YPC

Of course it's EARLY in the season but both Jalen and Burrow seem to be playing crazy above their heads compared to their previous career numbers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I was looking at player stats through 2 weeks this morning and Jalen's numbers are just ridiculous right now....

34 of 41 (82.9% - 1st NCAA) for 591 Yards Passing and 6 TD's 0 INT's (14.4 YPA - 1st NCAA) and a QBR of (252.31 - 1st NCAA)

24 Carries for 223 Yards (18th Overall - 1st NCAA for QB's) 3 TD's (9.29 YPC - 25th Overall - 3rd NCAA for QB's) YPC

Total Yards: 814 (4th NCAA Overall) and Total TD's 9 (2nd NCAA Overall)

For some comparison the Stats Leader in the SEC right now is Joe Burrow!!! He's playing out of his MIND....

54 of 66 (81.8% - 3rd NCAA) for 749 Yards Passing (4th NCAA) and 9 TD's (1st NCAA) 1 INT (11.3 YPA - 6th NCAA) and a QBR of (219.11 - 2nd NCAA)

Finally here are Tua numbers....

42 of 55 (76.4% - 9th NCAA) for 563 Yards Passing and 7 TD's (7th NCAA) 0 INT's (10.2 YPA - 12th NCAA) and a QBR of (204.34 - 6th NCAA)

7 carries for 48 yards and 1 TD 6.9 YPC

Of course it's EARLY in the season but both Jalen and Burrow seem to be playing crazy above their heads compared to their previous career numbers.
    I'd take Tua 100% of the time, still.

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

The media and OU fans will take the fun out of liking and pulling for Jalen to do well. I have to separate Jalen from his dads comments.

But Jalen has been nothing but class, and that's gonna be hard to continue as everyone will promote him as being passed over at Bama and not given a proper chance.

I will trade a Heisman for a team championship any day.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    The media and OU fans will take the fun out of liking and pulling for Jalen to do well. I have to separate Jalen from his dads comments.

But Jalen has been nothing but class, and that's gonna be hard to continue as everyone will promote him as being passed over at Bama and not given a proper chance.

I will trade a Heisman for a team championship any day.
    I'll root for him up to the point he'd keep Tua from winning the Heisman and us a NC.

Jalen is no longer a part of "the process" so rooting for him has its limits.