Hurts a co-captain - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Hurts a co-captain

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    The statistical difference between a top 20 vs a top 40 D is minuscule. The key for us is to quit giving up chunk plays and quit letting opponents off the hook on 3rd down. We have really slowed down our O. We ran in the 60's in each of our first 2 games and this helps the D. In no way an I saying we are close to where we need to be but you can see progress so far. Frankly, Top 10 D's are getting lit up regularly in today's college football. LSU's vaunted secondary got eviscerated by Ellinger and he might be 4th on our QB depth chart.
    Hard to gauge improvement vs bad teams.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Hurts looks better than 2017. He still has a problem with consistency with ball placement on slants and bubble screens. Those routes live or die against quality competition by how easy it is for receiver to catch the ball and get back to top speed. Still, that knock is not uncommon for even solid college quarterback. We've won national titles with QBs who struggled with the same things.

The thing OU does best on offense with Riley is scheme wide-open receivers and I can tell Hurts is not gonna leave much of that easy money on the table in 2019.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

https://twitter.com/soonergridiron/s...229561859?s=20

His demeanor and cadence....great job by our SI department. Reminds me of someone else I listen to every Monday & Thursday.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; September 10th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    https://twitter.com/soonergridiron/s...229561859?s=21

His demeanor and cadence....great job by our SI department. Reminds me of someone else I listen to every Monday & Thursday.
    No one is going to outwork Jalen.

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

His pressers are maddening for OU fans and the press as well. It's as if when he opens his mouth Saban speaks. He talks like a 40 year old coach. Other players are constantly having to tell reporters that behind the scenes he has a great personality and is very humorous. You have to also remember, Mayfield was extremely out going and loquacious. Murray somewhere in between. When Hurts speaks he speaks from the perspective of the whole team and if you understand coaching philosophy it's very comforting. He is on a mission.

BamaNation First Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    The statistical difference between a top 20 vs a top 40 D is minuscule. The key for us is to quit giving up chunk plays and quit letting opponents off the hook on 3rd down. We have really slowed down our O. We ran in the 60's in each of our first 2 games and this helps the D. In no way an I saying we are close to where we need to be but you can see progress so far. Frankly, Top 10 D's are getting lit up regularly in today's college football. LSU's vaunted secondary got eviscerated by Ellinger and he might be 4th on our QB depth chart.
    That LSU defense is more of a product of a high flying offense. FACT!!!!

It has even had an effect on Bama’s defense. You gain in one area but give up something in another.