Hurts a co-captain

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
lol o get this back on topic, congrats to Hurts, hoping he sets a high standard there in OU

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I’m very happy for Jalen and I truly hope he is very successful this year, but I think it would say more if your starting senior quarterback wasn’t a captain.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Ohio State guys says Oklahoma news doesn’t belong on the Alabama board.
I don't start Ohio State threads on this board for a reason. It is not an Ohio State board. I try to respect what you have here.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I don't start Ohio State threads on this board for a reason. It is not an Ohio State board. I try to respect what you have here.
Doesn’t the fact that it’s Jalen legitimize the thread? I don’t have a problem with it. In fact, I’ll formulate a Tidefans thread initiation axiom: all threads about other schools are presumed legitimate if they focus on:

* Former starters
* Anything with the word “Fulmer” in it.
E.g., “Phil Fulmer yet again consumes weight in donuts in a single sitting”
* Duron Carter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
owenfieldreams, this is NOT a criticism of you, so please don't take it as such. I'll pose it more as a question, than a statement. Am I the only one with a not so warm and fuzzy feeling about all the Hurts/OU stuff we are going to be bombarded with this year? There is still a part of me that isn't that thrilled with how it all went down. I can't quite put a finger on it, so I've mostly remained silent about it.

I do wish him well in life. I hope he's headed for an NFL career. But I guess I just wish the Alabama ties were not there.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Doesn’t the fact that it’s Jalen legitimize the thread? I don’t have a problem with it. In fact, I’ll formulate a Tidefans thread initiation axiom: all threads about other schools are presumed legitimate if they focus on:

* Former starters
* Anything with the word “Fulmer” in it.
E.g., “Phil Fulmer yet again consumes weight in donuts in a single sitting”
* Duron Carter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Jimmy Johns...

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
owenfieldreams, this is NOT a criticism of you, so please don't take it as such. I'll pose it more as a question, than a statement. Am I the only one with a not so warm and fuzzy feeling about all the Hurts/OU stuff we are going to be bombarded with this year? There is still a part of me that isn't that thrilled with how it all went down. I can't quite put a finger on it, so I've mostly remained silent about it.

I do wish him well in life. I hope he's headed for an NFL career. But I guess I just wish the Alabama ties were not there.
Concur with all you said except for the last sentence. ESPN & CBS & whoever covers OU will have unceasing chatter, video, highlights, documentaries about Jalen and how he persevered through so much adversity at Alabama and how OU has given him a fresh start. This is especially true if he plays at the same or higher level which he exhibited throughout his time at Alabama. He's a winner. He'll win and their perfect scenario is if OU-UA is a semifinal or final game and OU punches out UA. It will be sweet satisfaction for all non-UA people.

That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of (I got tired of seeing all the Tua - Hawaii family stuff over and over and over and over and over!).

The story really doesn't matter until and unless OU plays UA at the end of the season. All the best to Jalen and his newfound glory. He still has to keep the job by performing well.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Maybe people would be happier if we just had a designated Jalen thread? that way people who want to avoid it can but people like me who like the updates can still get them.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Concur with all you said except for the last sentence. ESPN & CBS & whoever covers OU will have unceasing chatter, video, highlights, documentaries about Jalen and how he persevered through so much adversity at Alabama and how OU has given him a fresh start. This is especially true if he plays at the same or higher level which he exhibited throughout his time at Alabama. He's a winner. He'll win and their perfect scenario is if OU-UA is a semifinal or final game and OU punches out UA. It will be sweet satisfaction for all non-UA people.

That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of (I got tired of seeing all the Tua - Hawaii family stuff over and over and over and over and over!).

The story really doesn't matter until and unless OU plays UA at the end of the season. All the best to Jalen and his newfound glory. He still has to keep the job by performing well.
The sports media (and all media) is really good at beating a story to death and beyond.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Maybe people would be happier if we just had a designated Jalen thread? that way people who want to avoid it can but people like me you like the updates can still get them.
If the new threads keep popping up that will likely happen.

We all love Jalen and generally want to see him successful, but we also all know where to find info on JH if we want to read it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.