Hurts a co-captain

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I’m just going to say what is on my mind. I know there are people who like the new transfer portal....I’m not one of them. I’m old school I guess. There’s no point in telling me all its virtues...you’re welcome to your opinion and I’m welcome to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am happy for Hurts, as he has been one of my favorite Bama players over the years.

I kind of wish he was still with BAMA as the backup, but that is selfish of me to wish that. He has his future to think about. I just hope Mac does well as our backup.

If BAMA somehow does not make the playoffs (I think we can if we have no more major injuries), I will be pulling for Hurts and Oklahoma. I certainly do not want Clemson or UGA to win it all, especially Clemson again.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of.
I heard something about Mark Ingram's father being in prison, but I did not quite catch it...

... the first thirty times ESPN told me about it.

Last edited:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
This right here, folks!!!

I love Jalen Hurts...and respect him greatly for the way that he carried himself last year. Heck...Daniel Moore would probably tell you that I was the inspiration behind the title of his painting that features Jalen, called “Crimson Redemption.”

All this to say...even though I’ll be pulling for him to have a great year, I don’t want to hear about it on my Bama message board. Not the same way that I wish we didn’t have to see posts from the UGA crowd on the recruiting board...but still...I’d rather not see it here.

Just offering my opinion...which doesn’t amount to much in the grand design of the universe...but if you could make the UGA posters go away...lots of us would be appreciative.

If the new threads keep popping up that will likely happen.

We all love Jalen and generally want to see him successful, but we also all know where to find info on JH if we want to read it.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
The Ohio State guys says Oklahoma news doesn’t belong on the Alabama board.

Unless it's the All Bran guy complaining about the Sooner Schooner leaving behind horse apples that the Cowpatties could be composting to good use!

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
owenfieldreams, this is NOT a criticism of you, so please don't take it as such. I'll pose it more as a question, than a statement. Am I the only one with a not so warm and fuzzy feeling about all the Hurts/OU stuff we are going to be bombarded with this year? There is still a part of me that isn't that thrilled with how it all went down. I can't quite put a finger on it, so I've mostly remained silent about it.

I do wish him well in life. I hope he's headed for an NFL career. But I guess I just wish the Alabama ties were not there.
I'm with you. I don't wish him any ill will, but I'm not rooting for him any more.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I wish Jalen well. I hope the move works out for him. But, if I want to know how or what he's doing, I know how to go find out. I really don' t want fans of his team regularly posting Jalen updates on this Bama board. Obviously, some do, just my two cents.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Concur with all you said except for the last sentence. ESPN & CBS & whoever covers OU will have unceasing chatter, video, highlights, documentaries about Jalen and how he persevered through so much adversity at Alabama and how OU has given him a fresh start. This is especially true if he plays at the same or higher level which he exhibited throughout his time at Alabama. He's a winner. He'll win and their perfect scenario is if OU-UA is a semifinal or final game and OU punches out UA. It will be sweet satisfaction for all non-UA people.

That said, while I'll be fine with it the first time I see it, the unending nature will get under my skin (as does ANY story that they don't let loose of (I got tired of seeing all the Tua - Hawaii family stuff over and over and over and over and over!).

The story really doesn't matter until and unless OU plays UA at the end of the season. All the best to Jalen and his newfound glory. He still has to keep the job by performing well.
Amen! What our OU fans need to understand is that, while it's certainly of interest to Bama fans, the whole scenario is much more fascinating to OU fans than Bama fans. To them, Jalen is the present and future. To us, he is the past, which, as Saban frequently says, is immutable. Therefore, I also hope it's not overdone...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This^^^ and, I would add that you watch football shows on TV at your own risk of seeing the talking heads reporting the Hurts to OU story at every opportunity. Just hit the MUTE or OFF button.
I just found out that, with my new box and remote, I can say "Move ahead ten minutes." In other words - Sayonara, Shunarrah... :D

Last edited:

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
They had a highlight and were talking heisman for him. Just made me laugh since he was second string for us and now is playing where defenses don't exist. How quickly the media forgets...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I was looking at player stats through 2 weeks this morning and Jalen's numbers are just ridiculous right now....

34 of 41 (82.9% - 1st NCAA) for 591 Yards Passing and 6 TD's 0 INT's (14.4 YPA - 1st NCAA) and a QBR of (252.31 - 1st NCAA)

24 Carries for 223 Yards (18th Overall - 1st NCAA for QB's) 3 TD's (9.29 YPC - 25th Overall - 3rd NCAA for QB's) YPC

Total Yards: 814 (4th NCAA Overall) and Total TD's 9 (2nd NCAA Overall)

For some comparison the Stats Leader in the SEC right now is Joe Burrow!!! He's playing out of his MIND....

54 of 66 (81.8% - 3rd NCAA) for 749 Yards Passing (4th NCAA) and 9 TD's (1st NCAA) 1 INT (11.3 YPA - 6th NCAA) and a QBR of (219.11 - 2nd NCAA)

Finally here are Tua numbers....

42 of 55 (76.4% - 9th NCAA) for 563 Yards Passing and 7 TD's (7th NCAA) 0 INT's (10.2 YPA - 12th NCAA) and a QBR of (204.34 - 6th NCAA)

7 carries for 48 yards and 1 TD 6.9 YPC

Of course it's EARLY in the season but both Jalen and Burrow seem to be playing crazy above their heads compared to their previous career numbers.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was looking at player stats through 2 weeks this morning and Jalen's numbers are just ridiculous right now....

34 of 41 (82.9% - 1st NCAA) for 591 Yards Passing and 6 TD's 0 INT's (14.4 YPA - 1st NCAA) and a QBR of (252.31 - 1st NCAA)

24 Carries for 223 Yards (18th Overall - 1st NCAA for QB's) 3 TD's (9.29 YPC - 25th Overall - 3rd NCAA for QB's) YPC

Total Yards: 814 (4th NCAA Overall) and Total TD's 9 (2nd NCAA Overall)

For some comparison the Stats Leader in the SEC right now is Joe Burrow!!! He's playing out of his MIND....

54 of 66 (81.8% - 3rd NCAA) for 749 Yards Passing (4th NCAA) and 9 TD's (1st NCAA) 1 INT (11.3 YPA - 6th NCAA) and a QBR of (219.11 - 2nd NCAA)

Finally here are Tua numbers....

42 of 55 (76.4% - 9th NCAA) for 563 Yards Passing and 7 TD's (7th NCAA) 0 INT's (10.2 YPA - 12th NCAA) and a QBR of (204.34 - 6th NCAA)

7 carries for 48 yards and 1 TD 6.9 YPC

Of course it's EARLY in the season but both Jalen and Burrow seem to be playing crazy above their heads compared to their previous career numbers.
I'd take Tua 100% of the time, still.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The media and OU fans will take the fun out of liking and pulling for Jalen to do well. I have to separate Jalen from his dads comments.

But Jalen has been nothing but class, and that's gonna be hard to continue as everyone will promote him as being passed over at Bama and not given a proper chance.

I will trade a Heisman for a team championship any day.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The media and OU fans will take the fun out of liking and pulling for Jalen to do well. I have to separate Jalen from his dads comments.

But Jalen has been nothing but class, and that's gonna be hard to continue as everyone will promote him as being passed over at Bama and not given a proper chance.

I will trade a Heisman for a team championship any day.
I'll root for him up to the point he'd keep Tua from winning the Heisman and us a NC.

Jalen is no longer a part of "the process" so rooting for him has its limits.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Just now circling back to this thread. Jalen played one series to start the 2nd half. He was taken out at around the 10 minute mark. We played 40 subs in the game including Mordecai and Rattler. Both QB's threw TD passes. At a point late in the game our entire skill set on O was made up of true freshmen...Rattler, Major RB, Stogner TE, Wease, Bridges, and Hazleton all 5 star WR's. I'll try not to keep coming back on Hurts. I thought you guys would be interested. I will say this, his passing is much, much better than I anticipated.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.