First Offensive Play Against Duke?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I haven't seen anybody start this thread. Don't know about y'all but I'm ready to think positively about play #1. What's it going to be???

I'll go first: Tua throws a screen pass or pass to the flats to Jerome Ford or whoever starts at RB.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I think it will be a run, if not a pass... :biggrin2:

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
On a serious note because I know you wanted serious comments, more than likely a pass to put Duke on notice and to set up a draw play on the next down... :cool2:

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Given the personnel situation for the first half and the talent we have, I think the first play will be a drop back pass, and in general we'll be passing until Duke shows that they can stop it (not likely) or until the game is out of hand (very likely). Second half: likely sitting on a big lead, so we may run a lot more, but I have a feeling that Saban will still want to send a message to his team, and that Harris and Robinson won't get a whole lot of touches then either. Nice opportunities for Ford and that freshman whose name I can't remember yet.

A few days ago I would have said that Tua will probably not get 300 yards in this game. Now I think he may get 400.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Fake a zone/ read to the right, roll Tua out left. He either tucks it and runs for 13 yards and eases out of bounds, or hits a skinny post to Jeudy for the score.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Quick RPO/Fake for a Pass to Henry (I just Score TD's) Ruggs III from the Right Slot on a Bang-8 Skinny Post Route...

He will run as far as needed to reach the Endzone....

6-0 Bama.... PAT pending as we hold our collective breath that one of the Uprights won't get sniped.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Whatever it is, I hope we get a TD on the first possession.

I think it will be a pass to Waddle for the first offensive play.

I hope nobody gets injured in this game, especially Tua and any linebacker who plays.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Trick play. Najee takes the toss sweep out wide, he gives it to Robinson on a reverse, he throws a halfback pass to a wide open Devonte Smith for the TD. Terrell Lewis comes in as a fullback on the surprise 2 point conversion, takes the ball and scores over left guard. Oh, wait....:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.