The Trump Trade Wars - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Trump Trade Wars

Over all most people would agree Obama care is a failure. Works for some but not for most. I for one do not want socialized medicine. He didn't build the cages the people that held the office prior to him did. Never heard anything about that years ago. Prior to Trump taking office most of the people running are on record that they support building the wall. We need to secure our borders for lots of reasons. Yes we need to sit down and rework trade deals instead of just raising tariffs but we have been getting the short end of that stick for a long time. We need to find a way to level the playing field for everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Just checked, and it doesn't look like any of the Dem candidates have locked brown children in cages, tried to take healthcare away from millions of Americans, or brought a soaring economy to the edge of recession.

Just checked, and it doesn't look like any of the Dem candidates have locked brown children in cages, tried to take healthcare away from millions of Americans, or brought a soaring economy to the edge of recession.
    trump's tweeting, insults and stuff are just awful, but his job performance is just too awesome, so suck it libtards.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    Over all most people would agree Obama care is a failure.
    Most people would not, actually.

He didn't build the cages the people that held the office prior to him did. Never heard anything about that years ago.
    Probably didn't hear about it because families weren't being forcibly separated on American soil with no mechanism to ever reunite children and parents, facilities weren't being intentionally overburdened as an immigration deterrent, and previous administrations weren't demonizing brown people for election purposes.

Prior to Trump taking office most of the people running are on record that they support building the wall.
    Care to provide any proof of Dem candidates supporting Trump's border wall?

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Over all most people would agree Obama care is a failure. Works for some but not for most. I for one do not want socialized medicine. He didn't build the cages the people that held the office prior to him did. Never heard anything about that years ago. Prior to Trump taking office most of the people running are on record that they support building the wall. We need to secure our borders for lots of reasons. Yes we need to sit down and rework trade deals instead of just raising tariffs but we have been getting the short end of that stick for a long time. We need to find a way to level the playing field for everyone involved.
    Is your belief in the bolded statements based on what Trump tells everyone at his rallies, or do you have evidence that supports these statements? Do you know anyone who is on the ACA, and if so did they have any alternative? Here's a hint, most do not have any other alternative. The ACA is not perfect but if you had no coverage, it is certainly better than what Trump has offered, and I would be willing to bet the farm that Mr. Trump has not read, nor understands the 4,300 page ACA documents.

I have never confronted nor embarrassed anyone who voted for Mr. Trump, but I have had a few Trump cult members confront me for not supporting him. IMO, he is totally unfit to hold the office of President and, IMO, he is showing some early signs of mental decline. Not trying to incite an argument, your opinion is yours and mine is mine.
    Last edited by GrayTide; September 2nd, 2019 at 08:33 AM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Most people would not, actually.

Probably didn't hear about it because families weren't being forcibly separated on American soil with no mechanism to ever reunite children and parents, facilities weren't being intentionally overburdened as an immigration deterrent, and previous administrations weren't demonizing brown people for election purposes.

fake news, all of it. dear leader cannot fail, he can only be failed.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Yes I know people that are using ACA and some have told me they were better off before. I am sure it is on an individual basis just like anything else. I also have never embarrassed anyone for their beliefs. I thank you for allowing me to have and express my opinion without conflict. We all should be allowed to express them and as I have said before there are people on both sides that take it to an extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Is your belief in the bolded statements based on what Trump tells everyone at his rallies, or do you have evidence that supports these statements? Do you know anyone who is on the ACA, and if so did they have any alternative? Here's a hint, most do not have any other alternative. The ACA is not perfect but if you had no coverage, it is certainly better than what Trump has offered, and I would be willing to bet the farm that Mr. Trump has not read, nor understands the 4,300 page ACA documents.

I have never confronted nor embarrassed anyone who voted for Mr. Trump, but I have had a few Trump cult members confront me for not supporting him. IMO, he is totally unfit to hold the office of President and, IMO, he is showing some early signs of mental decline. Not trying to incite an argument, your opinion is yours and mine is mine.

If you read my post you will see I did not say they support Trump's wall. I said they supported a wall prior to him taking office. This is just one example but I am sure there are many others. All of which will be years old because they changed sides once Trump started pushing for a wall. This is the problem with most if not all politicians, they change their support so much you never know what they actually believe or what they support no matter which side they are on. "Speaking to a South Carolina rotary club in November 2006, Biden touted his support for the Secure Fence Act -- a bill that authorized 700 miles of double-layered fence on the border through more than a billion dollars in appropriations. The bill was also supported by then-Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. CNN's KFile reviewed the video, which had been posted on YouTube at the time.
    "Folks, I voted for a fence, I voted, unlike most Democrats -- and some of you won't like it -- I voted for 700 miles of fence," Biden told the group. "But, let me tell you, we can build a fence 40 stories high -- unless you change the dynamic in Mexico and -- and you will not like this, and -- punish American employers who knowingly violate the law when, in fact, they hire illegals. Unless you do those two things, all the rest is window dressing."

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

If you read my post you will see I did not say they support Trump's wall. I said they supported a wall prior to him taking office. This is just one example but I am sure there are many others. All of which will be years old because they changed sides once Trump started pushing for a wall. This is the problem with most if not all politicians, they change their support so much you never know what they actually believe or what they support no matter which side they are on. "Speaking to a South Carolina rotary club in November 2006, Biden touted his support for the Secure Fence Act -- a bill that authorized 700 miles of double-layered fence on the border through more than a billion dollars in appropriations. The bill was also supported by then-Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. CNN's KFile reviewed the video, which had been posted on YouTube at the time.
    "Folks, I voted for a fence, I voted, unlike most Democrats -- and some of you won't like it -- I voted for 700 miles of fence," Biden told the group. "But, let me tell you, we can build a fence 40 stories high -- unless you change the dynamic in Mexico and -- and you will not like this, and -- punish American employers who knowingly violate the law when, in fact, they hire illegals. Unless you do those two things, all the rest is window dressing."
    So when you said "most of the people running," you actually meant just Biden.

Gotcha.

You asked for "any" proof. I did exactly what you asked for. You are welcome. LOL
    So when you said "most of the people running," you actually meant just Biden.

Gotcha.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Anyone can see 1/93 is a majority. There are 93 dem candidates, right?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Anyone can see 1/93 is a majority. There are 93 dem candidates, right?
    The thing is that an overwhelming, crushing majority of Americans support parts of the ACA - preexisting conditions, kids remaining on their parents' coverage, etc. When you frame it as "do you want Obamacare choosing your doctor, and socialized medicine," the answer is "no." Most of the provisions of the ACA are popular with most people. Mostly, it's ideologues who cling to the belief it's not popular. However, outside the world of doctors, it's not true. I'll admit that, at times, I wished the Republicans had succeeded in repealing it and watched them become a permanent, small minority party. (And I'm not even a Democrat...)
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The thing is that an overwhelming, crushing majority of Americans support parts of the ACA - preexisting conditions, kids remaining on their parents' coverage, etc. When you frame it as "do you want Obamacare choosing your doctor, and socialized medicine," the answer is "no." Most of the provisions of the ACA are popular with most people. Mostly, it's ideologues who cling to the belief it's not popular. However, outside the world of doctors, it's not true. I'll admit that, at times, I wished the Republicans had succeeded in repealing it and watched them become a permanent, small minority party. (And I'm not even a Democrat...)
    Even I have come around on "Obamacare", "Romneycare", or "Heritage Foundationcare" - whatever you'd like to call it (and all would be true).

The ACA is an imperfect law and it has done some harm to some people while helping a great deal more.

Some things I've noticed are people who had no health insurance for years finally getting treatment for things that would have cost less if treated earlier. This is hopefully a one-time cost leftover of previous failed policies.

Another thing is that this whole "having skin in the game" nonsense is nonsense. People generally do not go out of their way (with few exceptions) to get unnecessary tests. Increasing the out of pocket costs for the insured only assures that many will delay getting things done which only increases the costs both in terms of money and health (and the lost production economically that results) down the road in some cases.

The states that opted to not join in to give their citizens basic care are doing them a disservice and are doing nothing at all to bring down costs or improve health.

Obamacare was the Republican healthcare plan until Obama proposed it. Then it was suddenly bad policy.

So long as choice is preserved and the private market is allowed to continue I have no problem with a medicare for all scheme, with the added caveat that everyone pays into it similar to the current medicare system.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American

When people talk about the ACA being bad policy and how it is essentially socialized medicine, it is immediately obvious that they are fundamentally ignorant with regards to how the health care market currently operates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?