Duke game and MARTA

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
Please move if in wrong board. Going to game in ATL, is MARTA a good way to get to stadium? If so, where are the best places/stations to get on? Drove through ATL plenty of times but never for a game.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Please move if in wrong board. Going to game in ATL, is MARTA a good way to get to stadium? If so, where are the best places/stations to get on? Drove through ATL plenty of times but never for a game.
Where are you coming from? Just go with the closest one. Also, I parked at the Holmes station every day for the past two years and never had a problem.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
it is a very good alternative. if coming from I-20 west, he holmes station and get off at vine city or dome station. you can also head down to the south line (or if you are coming from I-85 south), college park, east point, lakewood ft. mac, oakland city, and west end stations all have decent sized parking lots. if on the south line, you can get off at garnett station and walk to the dome and miss the train-changing at 5-points.

just fyi. i took marta daily from east point to north ave. for 6+ years in a previous job, now i use it for dome events and my daughter and i use it when she goes to wed. evening choir practice and i have never had a single incident.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I've done from Sandy Springs station and no real issues. Just know the dome station will be mobbed right after the game.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
If you use the Sandy Springs station, after the game catch the first train going south. Get off at the first stop and then catch the next train going north. There will thousands of people trying to north after the game and this will save you lots of time.
I've done from Sandy Springs station and no real issues. Just know the dome station will be mobbed right after the game.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Park in the deck at the American Cancer Society building at/across from Centennial Olympic Park, walk through park (you'll see the College FB HOF on the other side and can go there, too) to MBS. About a 15 min walk to/from MBS and fairly easy to get out of, as well. I've never seen it fill up (it's a HUGE deck near the Americas Mart) and wouldn't expect it to be so for this game, either.

Click here to see other public parking in the area ... just in case. (You can't reserve for tomorrow, but this shows all the parking areas that may be available)

ACS-MBS.jpg

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Traffic will be worse than usual with the game, Dragon Con, and 2 other events plus Labor day weekend. It is a good idea to take MARTA.

Be careful!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.