Clemson Celebrates win Over Tech

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Context is King...from what I read they also played 90 players...and stayed very vanilla on O and D...the stats prove nothing...time will tell if they are the real deal AGAIN or if they implode...but no one knows after this game! As for the dancing, they have been doing this since Dabo became coach and did it last year after every win, including the win over US...so to look at this video and "think" that now they are over confident and will fall is a huge reach!
If you’re playing very vanilla on O and D on Opening Day against a conference opponent, then yes they are overconfident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Gosh that team in orange really irritates me. Pulling so hard for the Aggies next weekend.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let's not act like we're butthurt over last January.

They won, they get to celebrate. Sure it was Tech - but these are competitors who haven't had a game in almost eight months.

No problem with it.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
I tuned in at the very end of the game and saw the students rush the field. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I didn’t realize they were playing. Thursday night on a channel many people don’t get? Has Alabama ever played on a day other than Saturday?

Monday.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I tuned in at the very end of the game and saw the students rush the field. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I didn’t realize they were playing. Thursday night on a channel many people don’t get? Has Alabama ever played on a day other than Saturday?
we played georgia state on a thursday evening a few years back. that's the last time i remember us playing on a weeknight in the regular season.

T Bone

1st Team
I have hated clemson since before their wins, listening to the obnoxious and totally football uneducated person i work with, a clempson fan on the bandwagon, i dont just want them to lose, i want to see them lose their car keys, their dogs to get lost, and their moms to run away with the milk man..............roll tide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, I'm guessing every single time we played in a New Year's Day bowl when it wasn't on Saturday or the Monday night CFB championship games.

Of course, I realize that's not what you mean.

However, the very famous 1971 USC-Alabama game where Coach Bryant unveiled the wishbone was actually played on a Friday night.

And off the top of my head:

1985 - Monday night opener against UGA
1986 - Wed night opener against Ohio St
1987 - Friday after Thanksgiving against Auburn
1988 - same as 1987 plus a Thursday night makeup game against ATM ("the Hurricane Bowl")
1992 - Thanksgiving Day vs Auburn
1997 - Thurs night against Vandy
2001 - Thurs night against USM (game was moved due to 9/11 attacks)
2009 - Friday after Thanksgiving vs Auburn (also known as the Tiger Woods' Wife Attacks Him Bowl)
2010 - Ga State on Thurs night and then Auburn the next Friday

there may be more but those are the ones that immediately came to mind from memory

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007
Well, I'm guessing every single time we played in a New Year's Day bowl when it wasn't on Saturday or the Monday night CFB championship games.

Of course, I realize that's not what you mean.

However, the very famous 1971 USC-Alabama game where Coach Bryant unveiled the wishbone was actually played on a Friday night.

And off the top of my head:

1985 - Monday night opener against UGA
1986 - Wed night opener against Ohio St
1987 - Friday after Thanksgiving against Auburn
1988 - same as 1987 plus a Thursday night makeup game against ATM ("the Hurricane Bowl")
1992 - Thanksgiving Day vs Auburn
1997 - Thurs night against Vandy
2001 - Thurs night against USM (game was moved due to 9/11 attacks)
2009 - Friday after Thanksgiving vs Auburn (also known as the Tiger Woods' Wife Attacks Him Bowl)
2010 - Ga State on Thurs night and then Auburn the next Friday

there may be more but those are the ones that immediately came to mind from memory
I believe the '75 opener against Mizzou was on a Monday night. Awful game, but we went undefeated the rest of the season.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Clemson always rushes the field when they win. It’s just what they do.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I believe the '75 opener against Mizzou was on a Monday night. Awful game, but we went undefeated the rest of the season.
I have no recollection of that game, but it was played on Monday.

The following Monday, I boarded a jet for a three-year tour of duty as a military dependent in England.

The weekend before, we went to my uncle's house in Roanoke Rapids, NC and spent the weekend with my cousins.
(I actually got stung by a bee when we got in the car to leave).

Pardon me for not knowing what I did in between those dates, but I was only five.

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007
I have no recollection of that game, but it was played on Monday.

The following Monday, I boarded a jet for a three-year tour of duty as a military dependent in England.

The weekend before, we went to my uncle's house in Roanoke Rapids, NC and spent the weekend with my cousins.
(I actually got stung by a bee when we got in the car to leave).

Pardon me for not knowing what I did in between those dates, but I was only five.
I was 11 and can't even remember the day before or the day after, much less weeks before or after, lol., only that it came on after my first day of youth league football practice for that season. I wouldn't even remember it at all had it not been for the fact that it was such a shocking loss, that it was played on a weeknight and that it was against a team that we rarely ever played.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.