Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread Bama vs. Duke...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
What does outscheme them mean? No need to be clever if you can just punch them in the teeth. Also, I thought our offensive adjustments in the passing game really showed. We took exactly what they gave us. If they played man we ran crossing routes. If they played off we ran WR bubble throws. That's pretty good play calling and taking what the defense gives through scheme. Yah, the guards after catch are talent for sure. Offensive line looked ok in pass protection but needs more consistency in run blocking. Defense looked ok but Duke was an abysmal offensive team. I think it was a good game to break in 2 new ILBs. They looked confident and they were hitting people really hard. They were almost always in the right gap, being vocal and laying lumber. What more could we really ask from this game? A decent opener to shake off the Russian, break in some new players and deal with some early suspensions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I felt like our passing success was due to having wide recievers that were superior at getting open and our yards after contact was definitely talent driven. Maybe on the rematch I will see it was scheme and not talent.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
After a sluggish start a pretty good performance. Tua played like Tua which is always good. The defense played well with Shane Lee doing a good job in Moses spot. Only concern right now is the condition of Ekiyor. I'm sure we will learn soon.
Announcers sounded like they were saying Stan Lee ;)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not a Mack fan but I thought it was a nice moment. Hes got a different style but it's got to be emotional to come back to coaching and win a tight opening game with team that really sucked last year. I'm ambivalent about both teams so he can have that moment.

It's funny but then I remember he's about how old my dad was, and I know how men that age feel about seeing their sons/grandsons (what a football team essentially is to a good coach) do well and overcome adversity. Good for Coach Brown.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Great game!!!

Love the YouTube TV. Only buffered 2 or 3 times for just a few seconds. HD looked great. If any of you are considering it, I think it's worth it. My speed is still very slow compared to many of you at 20Mbps tops. As long as I met about 8Mbps I could watch TV and post from computer.
Yep, I love YouTube TV. We’ve had it ever since they launched nationwide last year. We have 100Mbps and rarely ever have buffering issues. The DVR is great as well, unlimited space, record as much as you want and it is saved for 9 months. I have every single Braves game this season recorded.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I felt like our passing success was due to having wide recievers that were superior at getting open and our yards after contact was definitely talent driven. Maybe on the rematch I will see it was scheme and not talent.
Possibly. It does help to watch those YouTube replays with just the snaps.

I think we showed good scheme flexibility on offense when the running game wasn't working through the 1st half (even with the starters in).

Like I said, its moot on defense because Duke was just BAD as an offense. So hard to tell.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Good win to start the season. A lot of young guys got quality PT today and we also have a lot to work on and room to grow. Coach cussed out a ref. UT and Ole Miss lost. Just a really, really good day . . .

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Re announcers comments about losing coaching staff . . . would like to see list of coaches who have left and how successful they've been. Could start with Pruitt :) and Enos, though not a head coach his debut as offensive coordinator and comments after the game were woeful.

kenbama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 15, 2008
Announcers were terrible, don't need all the talk of Daniel Jones and his pro career-- why not continue game comments and give these 2/3 teams players some recognition. Offensive players finally got their act together, we do have much to build and improve.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I will probably get booed, disliked, argued with , etc. But I do not feel that good about this huge win. I think we out talented them more than out schemed them. Alabama has already had more talent than any team in the country for 5+ years. We still lost to Clemson. Until I see proof that we can beat an opponent by scheme rather than talent I will not feel great about a win. However I'm still happy that alabama football is back!
Only a Bama fan would be disappointed by a 39-point win over an FBS opponent, especially after Bama started off sluggish. SMH

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Just got back to our car, did Tennessee really lose to Georgia State? Wow! The SEC looks really weak this year, Ole Miss, UT, USCe, Someone told me the Hogs are on upset alert.

The game, slow start, really disappointed in the running game. Nick played a lot of Freshmen. I think 4 started this game. But probably 9 or 10 played. Good to see Byron Young in the Dline rotation early on. The freshman Backers played well in my opinion, really impressed with Shane Lee!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Tua put on a QB clinic. Our receivers are the best in the nation. Robinson should be the starting RB ahead of Najee. Our freshmen LBs played really well for a first game. Reichard will be fine. I wish someone other than Tua was the holder.

A slow start but a good win when all is said and done.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Sluggish start. Got it together in second half. Completely dominated in the second half. Its the first game, not the end of the world. Appears to be a lot of chemistry and timing to be worked out. But with the type turnover we've had that is to be expected. I'll take the win any day. RTR!!!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Tua put on a QB clinic. Our receivers are the best in the nation. Robinson should be the starting RB ahead of Najee. Our freshmen LBs played really well for a first game. Reichard will be fine. I wish someone other than Tua was the holder.

A slow start but a good win when all is said and done.
. I don’t get Tua holding for the kicker either, didn’t Mac Jones hold last year?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
As someone said, our receivers are really good, and Jeudy is the real deal, but no one on the team gets separation in traffic like Devonta Smith!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.