Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread Bama vs. Duke...

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I’m not sure if it is me over thinking it but this game just felt different. I loved seeing Saban lose it on the sideline, I loved the fact that there were 2 true freshman in the middle of the defense and not once did we see the communication issues that seemed to happen at least once or twice every game last year.

Even though there were 2 missed field goals, it didn’t feel the same, tough luck yes but the balls were struck well and traveled in the air like a kick.

It feels more like the Bama teams pre kiffin to me. I’m not trying to knock anything those teams accomplished I just prefer the earlier teams attitude and style more. Could be way off but I like the way this team carries itself through this very small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We need big improvement to win a championship but a lot potential with some of these guys pressed into duty.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
1) You could Lee was doing a lot of thinking out there, and much of it was good. He and/or Harris were schemed out of middle a couple times for some empty yards, but overall, couldn't be prouder of our ILB pups.

2) The obvious glaring thing was line blocking, but we've all seen this show before. As long as they're settled and humming by Oct 12, things will be fine.

3) Reichard was 0-2 on long field goals, and I'm somehow more excited about him now than before the game. This dude has a cannon unlike anything we've had in a long time; the second would've been good from 60+. Those uprights will get out of the way soon. Would rather see DeLong finally earn his scholarship, so he doesn't have to punt too.

4) This secondary has a chance to be vintage good.

5) We've got to have one back who can hit a hole ready to go. When they did have some daylight, there was still way too dancing around/bouncing outside out of Harris/Robinson.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's got to be a scary thought for our future opponents to consider what happens if we ever get the running game going with the passing potential we saw today.

Like our passing game needs any help, but imagine play action when the OL is actually opening up holes???

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I was planning on waiting for a "big win" to crack this open for my post-game, celebratory drink.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
1) You could Lee was doing a lot of thinking out there, and much of it was good. He and/or Harris were schemed out of middle a couple times for some empty yards, but overall, couldn't be prouder of our ILB pups.

2) The obvious glaring thing was line blocking, but we've all seen this show before. As long as they're settled and humming by Oct 12, things will be fine.

3) Reichard was 0-2 on long field goals, and I'm somehow more excited about him now than before the game. This dude has a cannon unlike anything we've had in a long time; the second would've been good from 60+. Those uprights will get out of the way soon. Would rather see DeLong finally earn his scholarship, so he doesn't have to punt too.

4) This secondary has a chance to be vintage good.

5) We've got to have one back who can hit a hole ready to go. When they did have some daylight, there was still way too dancing around/bouncing outside out of Harris/Robinson.

I'll be honest, I like the burst I saw from Ford and K-Rob more than what I saw from our first 2.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I wonder what our DB (#6) said to CNS on the sideline after his interception. Whatever it was, it didn't seem like CNS was impressed with it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My 96 year old Mom gives her 2 cents.....

[FONT=&quot]
It looks as if Alabama has another good team. I watered all the deck plants today. Let us pray that Dorian does not come ashore. We will probably get some big winds. Keep safe, Mom[/FONT]
Now it's official - you have "another good team"....:p

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I'll be honest, I like the burst I saw from Ford and K-Rob more than what I saw from our first 2.
Me too, I was wanting to see Keilan in earlier, and Ford attacked the line best of all, which should be a concern. Najee shies away from contact more than any lead back we've had recently.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Great game!!!

Love the YouTube TV. Only buffered 2 or 3 times for just a few seconds. HD looked great. If any of you are considering it, I think it's worth it. My speed is still very slow compared to many of you at 20Mbps tops. As long as I met about 8Mbps I could watch TV and post from computer.
If you are using wifi, you should consider getting an Ethernet over powerline connector from router to your TV or streaming device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
This was a good win. I know Duke doesn’t match Alabama in talent, but cutcliif is an excellent coach. His teams are solid fundamentally and unpredictable on both side of the ball. Particularly impressed with the defense, secondary looks really good.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
This was a good win. I know Duke doesn’t match Alabama in talent, but cutcliif is an excellent coach. His teams are solid fundamentally and unpredictable on both side of the ball. Particularly impressed with the defense, secondary looks really good.
Yep, he threw a few interesting wrinkles in with the triple option

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I will probably get booed, disliked, argued with , etc. But I do not feel that good about this huge win. I think we out talented them more than out schemed them. Alabama has already had more talent than any team in the country for 5+ years. We still lost to Clemson. Until I see proof that we can beat an opponent by scheme rather than talent I will not feel great about a win. However I'm still happy that alabama football is back!
We will be okay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Driving down to the gulf had to listen to it. JPW & Rashaad have really improved. Sounded like dominance. Can’t wait to watch the replay.

Any one else who tuned in- did you have a high pitch noise during the broadcast? It was extremely annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama getting back to playing Alabama defense. Need to work on the o-line play, but great win!

Roll Tide!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.