Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread Bama vs. Duke...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I will probably get booed, disliked, argued with , etc. But I do not feel that good about this huge win. I think we out talented them more than out schemed them. Alabama has already had more talent than any team in the country for 5+ years. We still lost to Clemson. Until I see proof that we can beat an opponent by scheme rather than talent I will not feel great about a win. However I'm still happy that alabama football is back!
Well, sure, if the premise is that “scheme” is everything. It’s still a W.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
I loved the fact that there were 2 true freshman in the middle of the defense and not once did we see the communication issues that seemed to happen at least once or twice every game last year.

......yes, this was noticeably different. D is still raw (of course) and gave up some run yardage early but we looked like we knew how to align and what our assignments were. There were times last year, even late, that we looked confused....

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I loved the fact that there were 2 true freshman in the middle of the defense and not once did we see the communication issues that seemed to happen at least once or twice every game last year.

......yes, this was noticeably different. D is still raw (of course) and gave up some run yardage early but we looked like we knew how to align and what our assignments were. There were times last year, even late, that we looked confused....
And those issues will only get better...………….I liked what I saw from both LBs as well

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Observations; #8 is an excellent player. #24 looks like our best runner. Our receivers are trouble for any team. We can use #65 on the line. Tua looked great. Duke's QB was not a passing threat, so D wasn't challenged like it will be. Duke's line on both sides is underrated. Bama is very good, and will be difficult to beat. Offense is scary good, and scored 42 points with a lot of missed assignments up front. D will depend on staying healthy up front and the development of #35 or somebody in that position.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Roll Tide! The NCAA needs to reconsider and start giving points for hitting the uprights, our kickers are great at doing that.

I am pretty sure Saban would have gotten banned on Tidefans for his comments to the ref.
Will he SUSPEND himself for the 1st quarter of the next game? Isn't that as bad as being late to a player meeting?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Question: did a certain Linebacker get in the game. I THINK he wears #1. I looked and looked but did NOT see him.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
JPW has greatly improved and Eli actually had a rough game. Anybody else catch the radio broadcast? Eli seemed really off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I’m not sure if it is me over thinking it but this game just felt different. I loved seeing Saban lose it on the sideline, I loved the fact that there were 2 true freshman in the middle of the defense and not once did we see the communication issues that seemed to happen at least once or twice every game last year.

Even though there were 2 missed field goals, it didn’t feel the same, tough luck yes but the balls were struck well and traveled in the air like a kick.

It feels more like the Bama teams pre kiffin to me. I’m not trying to knock anything those teams accomplished I just prefer the earlier teams attitude and style more. Could be way off but I like the way this team carries itself through this very small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are overthinking then so am I.

JDMinHSV

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2007
He was upset because if Colt hadn't gotten hurt they would have put the game away much earlier.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
add to this Mizzou and Aubern ...you don't have to be a troll when 5 SEC schools lose on the 1st football Saturday of the season...GA State??? Wyoming??? Maybe we is down as a conference this year...bad for the conference but good for us!

Ole Sis, UT and USCe all go down on opening week.

Cue the “SEC is over rated” trolls...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
add to this Mizzou and Aubern ...you don't have to be a troll when 5 SEC schools lose on the 1st football Saturday of the season...GA State??? Wyoming??? Maybe we is down as a conference this year...bad for the conference but good for us!
I give the barn credit for one thing—at least they are playing somebody.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.