Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread Bama vs. Duke...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I will probably get booed, disliked, argued with , etc. But I do not feel that good about this huge win. I think we out talented them more than out schemed them. Alabama has already had more talent than any team in the country for 5+ years. We still lost to Clemson. Until I see proof that we can beat an opponent by scheme rather than talent I will not feel great about a win. However I'm still happy that alabama football is back!
Booooo! Booooo!

Just wanted you to get what you asked for. ;)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
FYI just watched South Carolina needlessly throw the game away. Had the ball at UNC’s 30 with two minutes and down 4. Threw three straight passes. 2 incomplete and a pick. Keep up the good work there Muschamp...[emoji849]
Wait, UNC just gave USCe the ball back with 11 seconds to go, inside the 50... Mack Brown is trying to out derp Muschamp..

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I will probably get booed, disliked, argued with , etc. But I do not feel that good about this huge win. I think we out talented them more than out schemed them. Alabama has already had more talent than any team in the country for 5+ years. We still lost to Clemson. Until I see proof that we can beat an opponent by scheme rather than talent I will not feel great about a win. However I'm still happy that alabama football is back!
What does outscheme them mean? No need to be clever if you can just punch them in the teeth. Also, I thought our offensive adjustments in the passing game really showed. We took exactly what they gave us. If they played man we ran crossing routes. If they played off we ran WR bubble throws. That's pretty good play calling and taking what the defense gives through scheme. Yah, the guards after catch are talent for sure. Offensive line looked ok in pass protection but needs more consistency in run blocking. Defense looked ok but Duke was an abysmal offensive team. I think it was a good game to break in 2 new ILBs. They looked confident and they were hitting people really hard. They were almost always in the right gap, being vocal and laying lumber. What more could we really ask from this game? A decent opener to shake off the Russian, break in some new players and deal with some early suspensions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
FYI just watched South Carolina needlessly throw the game away. Had the ball at UNC’s 30 with two minutes and down 4. Threw three straight passes. 2 incomplete and a pick. Keep up the good work there Muschamp...[emoji849]
Update, the most inexplicably stupid set of decisions I’ve ever seen by both teams in the last 2min of football, ever.

UNC takes a knee on 4th instead of punting, giving USC the ball back in UNC territory with 11sec. USC has a chance to win. Then Bentley not only takes a sack, but fumbles. Then USC failed to tackle the guy with the ball, not that it mattered, and he runs it in for a TD. Comedy of errors.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Not gonna boo you, but out scheming is overrated. We did not lose that Clemson game because of scheme, or talent.

If you can't watch that game today and see that the deficiencies that reared their ugly head last year have been dealt with, then I can't help you. There is still much work yet to do, but they are headed in the right direction.
Running offense was slow to develop...otherwise a really good win. We will be better down the road...

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I predicted 24-10 and for awhile that looked good. But thankfully the 2nd half performance was up to standards. Still got work to do. We will be ok until November barring injury. November will be the test. Proud of the guys and coaches! RTR!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Reichard made every PAT and put just about every kickoff in the stands. And only had one punt returned. I'm not gonna trip over misses from 49 and 48.
From time to time, when I think FG are easy, I will go to the local high school football field and try just a 20 yard field goal attempt. 9 out of 10 times.......I miss (no real surprise). It's a reminder to myself on how hard it truly is to simply even attempt a short range kick. So Reichard (or any kicker) missing 45+ yrd kicks (close misses at that) will never get a bad word from me. Reichard had a good day, in my eyes.

A solid win over Duke while not remotely playing up to the full potential of this team, is a good start. Not to mention Coach gets a lot of "teaching moments" this week.

In words of a revered rapper, "Today was a good day."

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
And Mack Brown is crying in the post game interview...
I'm not a Mack fan but I thought it was a nice moment. Hes got a different style but it's got to be emotional to come back to coaching and win a tight opening game with team that really sucked last year. I'm ambivalent about both teams so he can have that moment.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm not a Mack fan but I thought it was a nice moment. Hes got a different style but it's got to be emotional to come back to coaching and win a tight opening game with team that really sucked last year. I'm ambivalent about both teams so he can have that moment.

It was a very nice moment, whether or not you like the man - he was showing passion for his players....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
From time to time, when I think FG are easy, I will go to the local high school football field and try just a 20 yard field goal attempt. 9 out of 10 times.......I miss (no real surprise). It's a reminder to myself on how hard it truly is to simply even attempt a short range kick. So Reichard (or any kicker) missing 45+ yrd kicks (close misses at that) will never get a bad word from me. Reichard had a good day, in my eyes.

A solid win over Duke will not remotely playing up to the full potential of this team, is a good start. Not to mention Coach gets a lot of "teaching moments" this week.

In words of a revered rapper, "Today was a good day."
I used to kick some 20+ years ago. One day I was complaining about our kicking and made the statement "I could make that". A friend challenged me. I treid 5 kicks, made 2, but they were downright ugly kicks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.