Game Thread: Oregon vs. Auburn in Jerry World

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Was Gus the QB coach/playcaller for Cheeze when they had Cam and won the NC?
(Paraphrasing ...)

Gruden: Cam, draw up your favorite play

Cammy: uh, well, oh, uh uhm, we uh really just scratched plays in the dirt and I just threw to whoever was open or ran.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
"going forward" is a big hedge. Nix has arm strength and running ability. That's it. He has thrown some horrible picks. He looks lost out there. He will get better this year but so far I don't see signs that he is a fast learner. Oregon's defense is not very good. Things will get tougher during the SEC season.
I said last week that the picks were expected. Once again, he's a true freshman. Give him time. He's going to improve.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So other than Gus being the playcaller for Cam, what has he really ever done to get all the hype for his play calling?

Everybody on this board could have called plays for Cam.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I said last week that the picks were expected. Once again, he's a true freshman. Give him time. He's going to improve.
That's the difference in CNS and Gus. CNS would NOT expect a true freshman QB to have this much involvement in winning the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.