JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Duke wrap-up: Bama’s air show took the wind out of Duke’s sails
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
August 31st, 2019 08:26 PM

If you came into this game looking for Alabama to stomp Duke’s lights out from the first snap, then Saturday’s 42-3 win over the Blue Devils didn’t follow the script you were expecting. Instead, Alabama played rope-a-dope with David Cutcliffe’s offensive ingenuity until Cutcliffe had exhausted all the back pages and supplementary appendices in […]

Read More Here

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Nice write up. I agree with most of your points. Hope our O line improves or some of the SEC games will be tough.

I really wish Trey Sanders had not broken his foot, because we could have used him a lot for RB depth.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I really enjoyed reading your thoughts, Jess. Glad to get this one in the books. We have a lot of improving to do, but I felt good about the adjustments we made. We have some guys that need to grow up quickly.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Good write up. I think the line will get there with a little experience. The PI penalties are going to hurt down the road if we get 3-4 a game. Also I think the kicker is going to be a good one and he struck both of the FGs good. I remember Leigh Tiffin struggling early in his career and went on to be AA. Thanks

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
That was a well-written wrap-up. My biggest concern from the game was the play of the O-line, as you mentioned. I hope that they will improve with some more time playing together.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
The write-up has this civil (structural) engineer looking in the mirror, a little confused, and just possibly thankful that he's not from the Delta. :)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is the worst article I've read in long time! I'm so disappointed in you Jess! You keep nailing it on the spot, and that you pretty much covered everything. Geez!

Just kidding :)

Nice job.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.