The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.... Blue Devil style:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Tua was efficient and seemed to work hard at checking down when long ball wasn’t there. Judey is amazing. The defense showed promise. Like the talent of freshmen Linebackers

The Bad- special teams seems a little better, but darn I wish we could get better on FG’s. The OL needs a lot of work. I thought communications and run blocking would be better..... they were not!

The Ugly- Big ten officials suck. I thought Saban was going to choke out one of them

The really Ugly- Tennessee lost to who? Ha ha ha ha ........

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The Good - Tua, Jeudy, Lewis, Lee, R. Davis, and etc. A good win!

The Bad - Shaky start in 1st quarter. Offensive line play.

The Ugly - Sideline penalty. Ekiyor minor knee injury.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good: Tua, WRs, TE TDs, Freshman LBs and DL, Front 7, DBs

Bad: Suspensions. They made a difference. I hope the guys learned from it.

Ugly: Refs. They stunk, even if technically the sideline call was correct.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Good: Tua, WRs, TE TDs, Freshman LBs and DL, Front 7, DBs

Bad: Suspensions. They made a difference. I hope the guys learned from it.

Ugly: Refs. They stunk, even if technically the sideline call was correct.
I just finished watching the TV broadcast. The announcers were saying Nick was arguing the sideline warning, I actually think he was yelling about the PI the play before the interception. That was a total cow manure call!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just finished watching the TV broadcast. The announcers were saying Nick was arguing the sideline warning, I actually think he was yelling about the PI the play before the interception. That was a total cow manure call!
I thought during the game that he was still upset about that bogus call.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good: the team once they settled down. Tua, Shane Lee and Robinson had good games

Bad: being held scoreless the first quarter. OL communication.

Ugly: how tennison juked the defender for the first td

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
GOOD: We won with no major injuries; Tua; Reichard's leg strength; freshmen linebackers looked really good

BAD: 1st quarter overall; OLine/RB play overall; Saban's cursing the past week on radio show and at game

UGLY: Officials were not great; Tua getting sacked and having to run too much ; Trey Sanders not being able to play

**I am glad Sark utilized 2 tight ends for touchdowns. I think this was the plan, especially knowing Arik Gilbert was there watching. I really hope we get him next year.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The Good -- Tua, WRs, TE TDs, Freshman LBs and DL, Front 7, DBs

The Bad -- OL initially -- work in progress.

The Ugly -- Big Ten Officiating -- just awful.

The Totally Funny -- Tennessee losing to Georgia State. When I saw that I could not stop laughing. Those ugly orange shirts are the same color as their ashamed fans' faces plus one other. So, so funneee. It's a great time to be living in 10RC

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Good: we won and actually made offense AND defense adjustments at half that shut Duke down. Tua continuing to not play in 4q and Mac and Lia getting snaps. Everyone leaving before I got to my car :D

Bad: first half OL. CNS penalty (although he was right)

Ugly: lots of dirty Duke play, officiating that looked and smelled like raw sewage, and Tua having to run for his life in Q1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
The Good: Let me count the ways.....
QB play - Tua taking the checdowns and letting playmakers make plays
TEs catching TD passes
Jerry Jeudy is just SSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Linebackers were much better than I expected
Halftime adjustments
Team improvement as the game went along.

The Bad:
Not too much actually "bad" today as far as the team but feeling obliged to put something down - offensive line communication.
Refs were …...…...............…(can't say it here or might get kicked off the board forever).

The UGLY:
UT (in a really good way) ----GA State? REALLY???????? Cpt Krispy Kreme must have been calling the plays behind the scenes in his great pumpkin patch.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Good -- Freshmen in the ILB position did far better than I expected. Tua was Tua. Liked the tweaked offensive philosophy. D handled Duke's reversion to the triple option well.

Bad -- OL play. Gotta get better. Losing several players for a quarter because they lost focus on a trivial thing off the field.

Ugly -- we keep extending our own world record in hitting uprights on placekicks. Silver lining there is that both kicks were nearly 50 yards, and distance wasn't an issue at all.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
G- Tua and the receivers looked sharp. The D was pretty solid.
B- We looked complacent to me at different times, which just seems to cause sloppy play. The OL needs work.
U- Much of the SEC looked pathetic. We're still marking up the goalposts with kicks.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
GOOD:
A victory
Tua looks sharp
Our WR’s - especially Jeudy
Our TE play!
Our Defense
Shane Lee’s hits!
CNS’s passion still as strong as ever
Seeing Trevon Diggs back on the field
The distance and height on Reichard’s kicks

BAD: OL play. Confident that will work itself out

UGLY: Sideline Warning penalty...just dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.