Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Re: 2nd chance: Predict the "Mighty" Vols record

from vol nation

- is the program done for good
- you can tell by the 2nd year if you have a good coach
- administration is the problem
- is there something going on internally
- are our beloved Vols at the Junction Boys moment now?
- Is there an AA group for Vol Fans? VFA?
- Thinking about entering the fan transfer portal

And on and on it goes. Delightful!

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Remember that Twelvesee was favored by TWENTY-SIX (26) POINTS in this game. Just imagine all of the Vols watching the game yesterday, in Neyland Stadium, in bars, at home. Here's what they were thinking:

"Well, this will be an easy win over a podunk team and it won't really tell us much, but at least we can start the season with a W."

Then imagine their worst nightmare unfolding before their eyes, a LOSS at HOME to a team that was predicted to be the bottom feeder in the Sunbelt Conference. Also remember that this is Pruitt's second year. In Coach Saban's second year, we appeared in the SECCG, then went undefeated for an NC the next year.

So yeah, it won't be long before someone buys the domain www.firejeremypruitt.com."

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I like JP. I wish he had not gone to rocky flop.
I really believe Cptn Krispy Kreme is as toxic a cancerous growth to that program than anyone will honestly know.
I hope they do fire JP and he goes to a program that is not 3 Mile Island toxic where he can grow and develope without the former coach being his boss.
UT (imoh) will never get back to their "glory days". In an odd twist of fate Capt Krispy Kreme doomed his beloved Orange Pumpkins while thinking he was shutting us down.
There could not have been a more appropriate outcome or a more deserving admin/team/fan base for this to happen to.
Keep up the good work Cpt Krispy Kreme.

P.S. JP was nowhere near the top of the UT list of potential coaching hires and no coach (short of a CNS or Bill B) at this time would have been able to bring this program back, particularly with the past couple of coaching hires and the cupboard being bare when JP was hired.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
8/31 Georgia State L
9/7 BYU Home
9/14 UT Chattanooga Home
9/21 @ Florida
10/5 Georgia Home
10/12 Miss State Home
10/19 @ Alabama
10/26 South Carolina Home
11/2 UAB Home
11/9 @ Kentucky
11/23 @ Missouri
11/30 Vanderbilt Home

Possible Wins: UT Chattanooga, UAB,
Probable Losses: BYU, UF, UGA, Alabama, Miss State
Potential Toss Ups: USCe, Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt

Best Case: 6-6
Worst Case: 2-10
Likely: 3-9

Pruitt may not complete year 2 in Knoxville. I do not believe Fulmer will stand behind him and give him another year. Being realistic, Pruitt may be a career assistant regardless of his coaching pedigree.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
8/31 Georgia State L
9/7 BYU W
9/14 UT Chattanooga W
9/21 @ Florida L
10/5 Georgia L
10/12 Miss State L
10/19 @ Alabama L
10/26 South Carolina L
11/2 UAB W
11/9 @ Kentucky W
11/23 @ Missouri L
11/30 Vanderbilt L

This puts UT at 4-8 on the season, but I could easily see them losing to BYU and UAB. I think they probably snap back to beat BYU, but they may not. UAB has also become a force to be reckoned with. When UT is decent or better, UAB wouldn't stand a chance, but with UT being so down, maybe the Blazers can pull it off. So, if UT loses to BYU and UAB, they could end up 2-10. My guess is still 4-8. I don't see Pruit surviving this season.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
By the way, my youngest son and I called and ordered a takeout from a local restaurant last night around 8:00 (EST). There was orange everywhere and this was after the game had recently ended.

But based on my observations from former years, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot less of that ugly color for the rest of the season.

Suits me just fine.

:)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I almost feel sorry for them. Almost. The younger ones, like the guy that started this thread, have no clue. He doesn't even remember the 1998 championship. I remember it well. I remember, back then, pulling hard for Tennessee to beat Florida State. I respected Tennessee. Then, shortly after that, it all changed.

Let them rot. Let them rot, and let them burn, and let them go winless from now until the end of time.

T Bone

1st Team

hope they lose everything forever, lose your car keys, your personality, the schwanns man forgets where u live, your friends, and every dream you ever had, I HATE 13essee..............roll tide forever

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Just spent 15 minutes on VolNation -- time I will never get back. They are in very sad shape...threatening to wear bags on their heads or just boycott the games all together. They even believe that JP is the problem...talk about delusion...If they were any other school I would feel sorry for them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.