2nd chance: Predict the "Mighty" Vols record

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Man, I could get on board with that. I hate that we play Auburn the last game of the year. I've been an advocate for even moving the game to the end of September (maybe 4th game of the year). I think it would help the rivalry and help whoever loses to have time to rebound. They love to know they can "Ruin" our year with an upset and it's what they live for.

But, as for UT, why would we not want to play them. It's a guaranteed "W" for as far into the future as we can see! ;)
Yes it only helps us to play them right now, which is reason #1 why LSU hates the fact that we get Tennessee every year while they get Florida (nevermind LSU/Florida was a rivalry played every year for years long before the SEC split into divisions and thus why it was kept as a permanent crossover game). But that's why I'm declaring today, in this era, that I'm fine with losing the game. It's not to make our schedule easier. Indeed it would likely get more difficult. It's just because they are a rotten bunch, to the core, and I think it would help us a bit to get the Auburn game out of the last game of the year slot as you say.

Personally I wish we had the Michigan like schedule. Where you typically have it set up:

-3rd week in October Michigan St (Auburn)
-1st week of November Penn St (LSU)
- last game of the season tOSU ( Tennessee)
Now I like this a lot. But in my theoretical, it wouldn't work if Auburn moves to the East. But I know you're not suggesting that. If we are to keep this divisional arrangement, I would like this set up better. Of course, if Tennessee won the East division and we won the West, we would have a rematch for the SEC championship a week later. LOL, who am I kidding? Tennessee winning the East? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Vol Nation right now is in complete, total meltdown... LOL! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch...

Roll Tide!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I moved to Knoxville in 1997, both for career and family reasons. Let me tell you, the Vols at the time were the most arrogant and delusional bunch on the planet. They always had a smirk and a sneer when Alabama was mentioned, and they acted like they had always been on top of the football world and always would be.

If you had listened to local Knoxville sports talk radio from about 1998 through about 2007-ish, you would want them to lose every game they ever play again and especially the ones they're supposed to win, like Georgia State (and by the way, GO BYU this Saturday!).

We suffered the nightmare of the Dumbose coaching years, and that's when the Vols got on top. They started running their vile mouths about us and it was bad enough then.

But the REAL nightmare hit when the Logan Young and Albert Means story arrived. All I heard on the radio was about "that bunch of CHEATERS down there in Alabama." Meanwhile, something dirty was hitting the news once a week about UT, and no one cared. Roy Adams, "Tutorgate," UT players driving brand new SUV's, cover-ups for rape, you name it. Then I got treated to garbage on the radio like, "Ah shore am glad Coach Fulmer is a runnin' a CLEAN program up here! That thar Bama team oughtta git tha DEATH PENALTY." Sickening. (Yeah, yeah, I know. I should have just turned off the radio)

As for the arrogant, wrongheaded, stupid Vol "fans" who sneered with contempt at us for all those years? I want them to spend the rest of their lives seeing results like we saw last weekend. It serves them right.
There were two other teams involved in the Means mess, but they got to skate...…………….and I feel no pity for the Vols. I heard their smack talk down here in Georgia, and some of it I wouldn't repeat in less than reputable company...………...the wheel has turned

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Step 3: Fire him after the Alabama game. It will be an opportune time to do so, as the fan base will be in full meltdown, and you will not have to take the blowback yourself (see step 4).
Great post, but I'm not sure I agree with this part. They marked their game against us as an "L" well before the season started, and they fully expect us to beat them like a redheaded stepchild. And rightfully so.

So us beating them won't have any "shock" value (Man, it feels GREAT to say that!). If anything, things will reach a fever pitch after a loss to another podunk.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Tennessee lost to UT Chattanooga? Do you think the Vols would go crazy or just accept this as the norm of the program

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was at the UTC-Jax State game last night. Jax State won 41-20. I really don’t see that team beating Twelvessee. Sorry to disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was at the UTC-Jax State game last night. Jax State won 41-20. I really don’t see that team beating Twelvessee. Sorry to disappoint.

I think most here understand it is the long shot of long shots of the Mocs beating Tennessee, but we are hoping really hard that it comes to pass.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I saw a Facebook post from a Chattanooga fan saying “At least we have an easy one next week”.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My favorite post on VolNation:

“No we aren’t one of the worst programs in college football. We just suck......”

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I could care less about TN but I do like Jeremy Pruitt. Maybe he can come back on staff to help somehow. He belongs in Alabama, not Tennessee. I understand why he took a head coaching job though.. just wish for him that it was a different school.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.