2nd chance: Predict the "Mighty" Vols record

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Losing to a team like Georgia St is one of those losses that completely destroys a team. I think many (including me) thought Pruitt was capable of making Tennessee a little respectable this Year, and maybe finish 3rd or 4th in the East. But here is the second chance pick for the "mighty" Vols

UT Vols 2019 football schedule

Aug. 31: Georgia State LOL

Sept. 7: BYU- Atleast when BYU lost they lost to a good team L

Sept. 14: Chattanooga- W

Sept. 21: at Florida- L

Sept. 28: Bye- They will probably find a way to lose

Oct. 5: Georgia- L

Oct. 12: Mississippi State- W

Oct. 19: at Alabama-LLLLLLLLLLLLL

Oct. 26: South Carolina-L

Nov. 2: UAB- L

Nov. 9: at Kentucky- L

Nov. 16: Bye

Nov. 23: at Missouri- L

Nov. 30: Vanderbilt- I think Vandy looked far better than Tennessee L

I got them going 2-10 (1-7, 0-6)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I will go with the 2-10 record as well. They are terrible. Couldn’t happen to a better group of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think the Vols will beat Chattanooga, UAB, and Kentucky (signature win). It’s too early to panic, UT could possibly win four games.

The Vols gave up more points to Georgia State than Vanderbilt gave up to Georgia.

GSU only won two games last year. They must have recruited really well and hit the weight room hard in the off season. They were picked to finish last in their conference this year. I don’t know where Georgia State is or what their mascot is, or what conference they play in. I’m just glad they are not on our schedule. We may have to face them in the playoffs. I’d rather face Clemson.

Georgia State May be the best team in the history of college football. We’ll see.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Losing that game yesterday is indicative of some serious issues going on inside that locker room. Yes, I agree, it is the kind of loss that can ruin a season. However, when you look around the East division, you see Missouri and South Carolina losing non-conference games they were favored in, and Vandy looks like they are the usual Vandy. I think all three of those games are toss ups, and Tennessee probably still beats UAB and Chattanooga. The floor is probably 2-10, and the ceiling is probably no better than 5-7. Not the kind of year Pruitt needed in his second year.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Losing that game yesterday is indicative of some serious issues going on inside that locker room. Yes, I agree, it is the kind of loss that can ruin a season. However, when you look around the East division, you see Missouri and South Carolina losing non-conference games they were favored in, and Vandy looks like they are the usual Vandy. I think all three of those games are toss ups, and Tennessee probably still beats UAB and Chattanooga. The floor is probably 2-10, and the ceiling is probably no better than 5-7. Not the kind of year Pruitt needed in his second year.
They are ready to fire Pruitt after yesterday...……….if he has a losing season this year, I could see them pulling the plug on him. Many of their fans are mad that Mike Leach wasn't hired, but nothing says he would have taken that job

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They are ready to fire Pruitt after yesterday...……….if he has a losing season this year, I could see them pulling the plug on him. Many of their fans are mad that Mike Leach wasn't hired, but nothing says he would have taken that job
I would take him back as long as he repented of his sins and burned every piece of orange clothing he and his family have. Seriously, when he took that job it was like watching someone flush their career down the toilet in real time.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I would take him back as long as he repented of his sins and burned every piece of orange clothing he and his family have. Seriously, when he took that job it was like watching someone flush their career down the toilet in real time.
I don't know if I would allow him back on campus. Let him go to SA or UAB or some other school down the road.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
2nd chance: Predict the "Mighty" Vols record

I don’t see Pruitt surviving this loss. Tennessee is going to have to learn that hiring an Alabama assistant coach for your head coach doesn’t make you world beaters.

Also, I wonder if this will cool their love affair with the Donut King.

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: 2nd chance: Predict the "Mighty" Vols record

They'll beat Sakerlina, Messchamp just lost to Mack Brown WITHOUT Colt.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

As Uncle Jed would say, "pitiful, pitful." I agree it is to early to panic BUT …… for goodness sake, we are talking about the bottom feeder of the Sun Belt. BOTTOM FEEDER. I would understand it if Arky St or Appl St had beaten them. BUT THE BOTTOM FEEDER. I take it back: It is time to hit the PANIC BUTTON.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

We need to start the rumor that Bill Battle and Ole Phil are in cahoots to get even with Tenn for firing them. LOL.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I don’t see Pruitt surviving this loss. Tennessee is going to have to learn that hiring an Alabama assistant coach for your head coach doesn’t make you world beaters.

Also, I wonder if this will cool their love affair with the Donut King.

I doubt that they will fall out of love with him. The ones I knew when I lived there were so excited about his return. They really thought football glory was coming back.

I hate just about all of their fan base. Very few of them think rationally and even those people took a while to come to grips about their status in today’s football landscape.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

I have a hard time going to Home Depot and I don’t use our orange cereal bowl for breakfast. Does this say anything about my depth of feeling for the TN fans? You be the judge. 2 wins sounds about right.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

They will come closer to beating SC than MSU. They play UGA the week prior while MSU has a bye. I don't think they win either one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.