Question: What will fix our OL problems?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think Najee has been described as more of a glider/finesse runner as where Robinson seemed to look to hit the hole with more explosiveness. It seemed like both had success when they ended up hitting the holes hard and getting north/south quickly. But it still comes down to the OL getting up to the second level more consistently with their blocking. All of it works together.
Agreed but Najee runs with power also. Najee has to get up field more quickly. On 3 or 4 runs he tried to bounce it outside and did not and if he would have gotten up field he would have gained 4 or 5 more yards.

Probably already stated about the OL but I think when D. Brown comes off suspension he will move in at RG and Dickerson moves to center.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Agreed but Najee runs with power also. Najee has to get up field more quickly. On 3 or 4 runs he tried to bounce it outside and did not and if he would have gotten up field he would have gained 4 or 5 more yards.

Probably already stated about the OL but I think when D. Brown comes off suspension he will move in at RG and Dickerson moves to center.
I am looking forward to Deonte Brown being a starter again. I assume he has been allowed to practice all this time and be in shape/ready? I hope so.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Poor etiquette to post on post but remember USC student body left or right I formation sealing edge fullback pulling linemen and toss sweep. That would the compromise the previously stated east / west north / south conundrum. Would like to see our backs in that space.
I was talking to a coworker the other night, and we both missed the days of the toss sweep. Can't remember the last time I saw us run one.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was talking to a coworker the other night, and we both missed the days of the toss sweep. Can't remember the last time I saw us run one.
I think I saw ONE toss sweep against Duke....it was late in the game, but I remember thinking "that was different."

BTW, I agree and I love the play. Brings back memories of Bobby Humphry against UT in the 1980s.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I think I saw ONE toss sweep against Duke....it was late in the game, but I remember thinking "that was different."

BTW, I agree and I love the play. Brings back memories of Bobby Humphry against UT in the 1980s.

That is the first name I think of when I hear toss sweep!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
TIFWIW, but I saw a headline from Touchdown Alabama Magazine reporter that said from his sources at practice told him that Dickerson has moved to center and Womack moved into right guard at practice this week and Owens was with the 2's at center. We will see if that is how they come out on Saturday.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
TIFWIW, but I saw a headline from Touchdown Alabama Magazine reporter that said from his sources at practice told him that Dickerson has moved to center and Womack moved into right guard at practice this week and Owens was with the 2's at center. We will see if that is how they come out on Saturday.
I know and have faith that CNS will get the best guys together. I’m hopeful that we can see a running game behind an OL that creates good push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
I'm overseas and could only see the game on ESPN's game tracker. What was our starting O-line makeup for this game? Did we move anyone around in game?

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
I'm overseas and could only see the game on ESPN's game tracker. What was our starting O-line makeup for this game? Did we move anyone around in game?
Dickerson was starting center due to Owens being held out for precautionary reasons.

Leatherwood LT, Ekiyor LG, Dickerson C, Womack RG, Wills RT

None of them really looked great. Leatherwood is maybe the most consistent.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Dickerson was starting center due to Owens being held out for precautionary reasons.

Agree. I am officially concerned about our OL. If we can’t get decent push against a team like New Mexico State we have problems. Our running backs don’t inspire me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Even Wills, one of our more experienced guys,“whiffed” a few times out there today.

I expected more improvement from the first game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.