Question: What will fix our OL problems?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I still think it goes back to what some others have said. We pass so much that when we decide to run the O-line has a difficult time switching gears. They need a nasty attitude ALL the time not just when we try to run the ball. Hopefully we are already making adjustments and teaching those that have missed too many assignments to show them where to improve. RTR
I keep hearing this but it makes no sense to me.

If you're an offensive lineman you want to run block so you can be aggressive. This is where the "big uglies" can be ugly. I don't see how the idea of pass blocking one play and then run blocking the next is such a big jump that they can't mentally get up for it.

If someone who played OL can weigh in here it would be helpful.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Who knows? Maybe the first two games was a set-up for USCE and help develop the passing game a bit with pass blocking. This weekend will tell a lot.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Based on recruiting rankings the OL players we sign are mostly all 4 stars with a couple of 5 stars and 3 stars sprinkled in. They get to Tuscaloosa and somehow we never hear of them again. I am concerned that possibly we are misjudging the OL recruits or we do not have an OL coach who can develop the talent on hand. I still feel that the turnover in the staff over the past 3 years and what looks to be the total reliance on the passing game has put our NC chances in a precarious situation.
Flood is supposed to have a good reputation for OL work, so hopefully they get there...…………….when the suspended OL comes back, I suspect the running game will look a lot better. The good thing is, Saban knows the OL needs to get there, and I expect them to perform better

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.