Game Thread: Oklahoma vs Houston Game Thread: Jalen QB watch

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I’m for having a sponsor for the Transfer Portal. Maybe the Ryder Truck Transfer Portal. ESPN needs to take a look at this. Every game I’ve watched this weekend has tons of these guys playing. Guess it’s the new norm.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
What can change the dynamic is Alabama's games against Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn, and potentially Georgia, assuming all of those teams have strong years. If Tua has good games against them, leading us to wins, he will win it. It's what should have happened last year, but then he got hurt against Georgia.

Hurts is headed for approximately the same kind of year Murray had last year. But he's probably starting the year off with a lot more hype than Murray did. Everyone knows about Hurts because of his time at Alabama. They love the story. They love anything that might show up Alabama too. So he's got the media's love going for him.
Pretty much agree, but whoever has better stats, fair or not, will likely win it. Keep in mind too that Tua projects much better in the NFL—which would you rather have, a nice trophy or a multimillion dollar contract and lots of success in the NFL? Long term Tua has a much better career in the professional ranks.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
If I ever became President, my first official act would be to make any mention of the Heisman Trophy by any announcer or commentator before week 8 of the college football season a capital offense.

I thought about banning the award altogether as a meaningless exercise in media hype, but I do really enjoy the Heisman House commercials:biggrin:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Pretty much agree, but whoever has better stats, fair or not, will likely win it. Keep in mind too that Tua projects much better in the NFL—which would you rather have, a nice trophy or a multimillion dollar contract and lots of success in the NFL? Long term Tua has a much better career in the professional ranks.
Kinda a shame though that the Heisman Foundation doesn't realize it's not really a "fair fight" when OU can plug and play QBs into a system that has no defensive competition and then guys like Tua and even Big 10 teams at least play against at least decent defenses.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well that's just it. I'm not sure I agree Murray had better stats last year when offensive philosophies and competition levels are factored in. I'll probably never get over how that went down.

I think Tua's success in the NFL will come down to whether or not he can limit the amount of punishment he takes. I think mobile QBs are overrated when it comes to the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.