Game Thread: Oklahoma vs Houston Game Thread: Jalen QB watch

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
That little QB with any D on our side at all might have saved you the embarrassment of Clemson....he was definitely getting his....and it showed as your highly rated D-lineman (can't remember his name) took a cheap shot while he was down---and before anyone here says anything...I know this happens on all teams--this particular incident happened when he was so frustrated that he was unable to tackle him.
Give credit where credit is due....Bama is a great team....OU minus our past few year D coaching is great as well......Stoops made the biggest mistake of his life keeping his brother.
Embarrassment?! You seriously wanna play the embarrassment game, okay then...

How about when Clemson saved OU the embarrassment of getting killed by Bama in 2015. Seriously Derrick Henry would of had a field day with that pathetic OU rush defense.

How about the embarrassing fact that that every year an OU QB has won the Heisman they lost their bowl game. 0-4 in bowl games aka major QB choke job.

How about the embarrassing fact that OU is 0-3 in the CFB playoff so far.

The only reason Alabama didn’t beat OU worse is because after they jumped out to a 28-0 lead they took their foot off the gas and just ran the ball to drain the clock. Tua was 24/27 318 yards 4 TD and 0 Int. If Tua throws that ball 10 more times, Alabama probably scores 14-21 more points.

Kyler Murray got most of those rushing yards by running for his life....just like he will be at Arizona.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hurts hit a similar play against UGa for the TD (not the exact same, just a play he would have run up the field or out of bounds prior to last year. Riley had diddly squat to do with that.

I will also argue that his short/intermediate passing had improved significantly by the UGa game last year or Alabama would not have won that game.

Hurts improved at Alabama. He was a much better QB when he left than when he got there. Let's see if Oklahoma fans will be able to say the same after one year with Coach Riley. No offense to Hurts or Riley or sooner fans but let's be honest about the obvious progress Hurts made at Alabama.
Well, I'm late to the party because I went to the beach for the weekend without a computer.

I think what Jalen showed against Houston was everything he learned in staying at BAMA last year, and that was very much improved short and intermediate passes. His performance Sunday was pretty much what I expected from a good QB in a high octane offense, going against some very suspect defenses. It did not appear that Houston has much of a defense, and who knows if anything in the Big 12 will be any better. Jalen is a great guy, and he saved our butts last year. The OU offense is tailor-made for a QB with his skill sets, and he will thrive in that league. I wonder what Jalen would say if you asked him who hits harder, SEC or Big 12 defenses.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not sure that he knows just yet...:Joker_PDT_12: on TideFans.com
Well, I'm late to the party because I went to the beach for the weekend without a computer.

I think what Jalen showed against Houston was everything he learned in staying at BAMA last year, and that was very much improved short and intermediate passes. His performance Sunday was pretty much what I expected from a good QB in a high octane offense, going against some very suspect defenses. It did not appear that Houston has much of a defense, and who knows if anything in the Big 12 will be any better. Jalen is a great guy, and he saved our butts last year. The OU offense is tailor-made for a QB with his skill sets, and he will thrive in that league. I wonder what Jalen would say if you asked him who hits harder, SEC or Big 12 defenses.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
-Jalen sounded a lot like Coach Saban in his post game interview. I could see in his eyes that he realizes that though the team put up a lot of yards and points. There were just as many "issues" that need to be fixed. You could just see "Coach Saban" in his eyes and his responses. He maybe at OU but no doubt he's brought Coach Saban and Alabama's critical eye with him. Which is a good thing for the OU team.
That interview was ridiculous. Come on, Jalen. You just won the first game of the season. You put up some amazing numbers. Sure there are areas for improvement, especially on defense. But, dang son, enjoy the victory. Have a little fun. This may be the last year you get to play football. And even if it isn't, and you go to the NFL, that's a whole different deal. Nothing is quite like college football. Enjoy it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That interview was ridiculous. Come on, Jalen. You just won the first game of the season. You put up some amazing numbers. Sure there are areas for improvement, especially on defense. But, dang son, enjoy the victory. Have a little fun. This may be the last year you get to play football. And even if it isn't, and you go to the NFL, that's a whole different deal. Nothing is quite like college football. Enjoy it.
Well, it was better than the interview after the Miss. State game a couple of years ago.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

To be able to make that judgment, he's going to actually have to be hit, and we are not certain Big 12 defenses are capable of that yet...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
One thing interesting to me is that OU didn't play fast or hurry up. Very methodical. Almost seemed to be running the play clock down on purpose. I like watching that style a lot more than the HUNH. Gives the viewer / fan time to process the formation, alignment, strategy etc. of each play and situation. Watching a team like AU when they go HUNH almost ruins the game of football for me. I know we run it some also and I don't care for when it we do it either..

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
One thing interesting to me is that OU didn't play fast or hurry up. Very methodical. Almost seemed to be running the play clock down on purpose. I like watching that style a lot more than the HUNH. Gives the viewer / fan time to process the formation, alignment, strategy etc. of each play and situation. Watching a team like AU when they go HUNH almost ruins the game of football for me. I know we run it some also and I don't care for when it we do it either..
I agree I am no fan of the HUNH style of play either.Auburn reminds me of a bunch of kids drawing plays in the sand when they do it. And the whole time I'm like come on line up and play big boy football.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
When Bob Stoops brought in Mike Leach the ensuing O was a shock to the traditional OU fan. In his early years, Stoops' D's were as good as any we've ever had but when Mike came back our D slowly degenerated into a pathetic example of how D showed be played. L.R. is trying to remedy that but it's a work in progress. He has also changed our O by I corporating power running concepts with a dynamic passing attack. We are more methodical and if you watch us we use a lot of single-wing running concepts. Hurts is perfect for our run game. It remains to be seen if he can operate a passing game that balances the run. Texas, TCU, & Iowa State will force him to pass to win.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When Bob Stoops brought in Mike Leach the ensuing O was a shock to the traditional OU fan. In his early years, Stoops' D's were as good as any we've ever had but when Mike came back our D slowly degenerated into a pathetic example of how D showed be played. L.R. is trying to remedy that but it's a work in progress. He has also changed our O by I corporating power running concepts with a dynamic passing attack. We are more methodical and if you watch us we use a lot of single-wing running concepts. Hurts is perfect for our run game. It remains to be seen if he can operate a passing game that balances the run. Texas, TCU, & Iowa State will force him to pass to win.
That's exactly how teams in the SEC started defensing him. His passing has improved greatly, though...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.