Upsets for Week 2

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I know that technically week 1 isn't over, but no one cares about notre dame/Louisville so I will start it today.

Texas A&M over clempson - they almost pulled it off last year. I think this will be the first of 2 losses for clempson.
Colorado over Nebraska - good to see this rivalry being played again. I think Nebraska is still a few years away from being competitive. Plus the looked pretty meh against South Alabama.

Disclaimer: If all you want to do is disagree with my post with "none of those will happen", just don't bother posting. It is just pointless and I do not care. If you want to say no upsets at all will happen feel free.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Not sure how "big" these upset picks will be, but since I'm going with the lower ranked team . . .

Maryland over Syracuse
FAU over UCF
Texas over LSU

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Really like all three of the upsets in this thread, especially the Buffs over the Huskers. Gimme Maryland over Syracuse, the Hogs over the black bears and North Carolina over Miami.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
As a Clemson alum and fan, I'll be the first to say either team can win our game with Texas A&M.

I think the "line" on this game is ridiculous.

We'll certainly need to play well to beat the Aggies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think you care a little. ;)
The disclaimer was put in because there is one poster here that instead of actually contributing to the conversation only posts "none of those will happen".

Cinci over tOSU

Or

Army over Meeshigan

Not sure which happens. But feeling one of them.
I could definitely see the Army one. Army dang near pulled off beating ohio state last year until they tried to get too cute. If they stick to their control the clock offense, they could pull it off this year. I was tempted to pick that one myself, but just didn't.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I'll pull for the TAggies, but I really don't think they'll slow that Clemson offense down even a little.

I think Tennessee rebounds and beats BYU....if they don't, wheels come off and the season turns into a complete disaster.

Colorado and Nebraska....I'll have to go with Nebraska here. This one to me is a toss up though.

Even with the game being at Texas, I think LSU beats them by at least 2 scores.

I'll take the fighting Mack Browns over Miami.

Stanford over USC...that QB is out for the year for the Trojans, hate it when these kids get hurt like that.

San Diego State over Chip Kelly. Going to be a long season for Chip again. They have Oklahoma in week 3, Washington State week 4....I'm seeing 0-4 here.

Army and Michigan...did Army practice for Michigan all off season instead of Rice prep? Think Michigan wins this one closer than the experts think.

There really arent a lot of good match ups this week after you get past LSU-Texas and Texas A&M-Clemson.

Lock of the week...Utah State over Stony Brook lol.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Texas over LSU
History shows us that this is the kind of game LSU crushes. Which will cause them to come in extremely overconfident against us later in the year. Which is exactly where we want them to be. I think LSU cruises and it can get a little ugly.

LSU 38
UT 13

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Thinking long term here: I don't know if a Clemson loss against TAMU is the best thing for us in the long run. I think a loss early brings them back down to the ground and it may give TAMU the confidence to compete with us in a few weeks.

For the record, I'll not be able to hope Clemson losses, but I really don't think TAMU has it in them.

I think Texas/LSU will be a great game. I expect Texas to be improved and until LSU proves something I've got my doubts.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I'll pull for the TAggies, but I really don't think they'll slow that Clemson offense down even a little.

I think Tennessee rebounds and beats BYU....if they don't, wheels come off and the season turns into a complete disaster.

Colorado and Nebraska....I'll have to go with Nebraska here. This one to me is a toss up though.

Even with the game being at Texas, I think LSU beats them by at least 2 scores.

I'll take the fighting Mack Browns over Miami.

Stanford over USC...that QB is out for the year for the Trojans, hate it when these kids get hurt like that.

San Diego State over Chip Kelly. Going to be a long season for Chip again. They have Oklahoma in week 3, Washington State week 4....I'm seeing 0-4 here.

Army and Michigan...did Army practice for Michigan all off season instead of Rice prep? Think Michigan wins this one closer than the experts think.

There really arent a lot of good match ups this week after you get past LSU-Texas and Texas A&M-Clemson.

Lock of the week...Utah State over Stony Brook lol.
I like your picks and reasoning. However, I must admit that I went less than 50% on my picks last week. Hard to pull for the aggies, but I will since in the SEC, "it just means more" (I hope).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.