Upsets for Week 2

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm going with BYU over UT too. I think Pruitt has already lost this team. There's something bad wrong with TN. losing to G State!

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I'm going with BYU over UT too. I think Pruitt has already lost this team. There's something bad wrong with TN. losing to G State!
I do not think the team has ever found Pruitt. The culture must be so bad, the Vols have forgotten what it takes to play football. May be becoming a basketball school??!!

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
A&M lineman.....I thought Clemson beats them by 10 at least.....now, with his "guarantee" I'll say Clemson beats them by 21+.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
BYU over Tennessee
Great call. Hard to even think of it as an upset, as low down as Tennessee is right now. A win would be more surprising, to me, for the Vols. I do believe they are going to miss the bowl season again this year. Not sure how long they will put up with that in Knoxville.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I do see Colorado beating Nebraska, but no one should be shocked by it. The Huskers are not there yet.

Maryland over Syracuse. I'm not sure which of these I want to call yet, but W. Michigan over Michigan State seems scary. I also have my eye on San Diego State over UCLA, in a mild upset.

Edit: one more to keep close tabs on - North Carolina over Miami.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I thought I was being pretty original picking Colorado. It looks to be a popular pick now.
Usually you give 3 for home field, and 3 for a natural advantage. So really it should be Nebraska -1, but these folks in the desert love bluebloods, and constantly forget about the natural advantage that Colorado teams have....

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I thought I was being pretty original picking Colorado. It looks to be a popular pick now.
I watched the opener Buffs vs Rams. William Vlachos' dad told me that he joined Mel Tucker as QB coach so Colorado has become a team I started to follow. The game was a bit hard to watch because of no D in that league but I was impressed. I donno, just more optimistic about Tucker's turnaournd than Frost's. USA gave Nebraska a pretty good game in Lincoln last week and I am skeptical of the Huskers.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I can see how all of the favorites win this week. But, I would say...

Texas over LSU- just not sold on O in big games.

Army over Michigan- Army has quietly built a very solid program with a difficult scheme to defend. Much like Navy a few years ago.

Fresno State over Minnesota- Tedford's really turned it around at Fresno.

North Carolina over the U- Mack Brown will win a few this year he shouldn't to just like last week. Plus, the U was underwhelming in week 0.

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
Clemson is going to run all over Texas A&M and they will be exposed making our matchup less intriguing with them.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Clemson is going to run all over Texas A&M and they will be exposed making our matchup less intriguing with them.
I just don't think so but we"ll see. They have great athletes and good coaching. Played the perfect game against us in the Championship. But perception is not always great for the home team and TAMU has great athletes and good coaching too. It will be a good game IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.