Betting Odds for Week 2 Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Week 1 got off to a successful start. All of the presumed Heisman hopefuls lived up to billing and so many SEC teams absolutely dropping the ball. But Bama having to carry the conference's water is nothing new. Let's move on to Week 2.

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only.

• Vandy is a 9.5pt underdog to Purdue
  • In his first real test, Mike Locksley's Maryland team is a 5pt dog to Syracuse
  • After losing to Wyoming to open the season, Mizzou is somehow favored by 12 vs West Va
  • In one of the marquee matchups of the weekend, Texas A&M is a 19.5 pt underdog at Clemson
  • Miss. St. is favored by 18.5 over Southern Miss
  • Bama is favored by 54.5 (!!!!!) over New Mexico St.
  • Tennessee is (somehow) favored by 1 over BYU.
  • In the second half of Saturday's marquee matchups, LSU is favored by 4 over Texas.
  • Auburn is favored by 21.5 over Tulane
  • In the SEC West's bottom-feeder matchup, Arkansas is a 6 point dog Ole Miss.
  • Kentucky is favored by 16 over Eastern Michigan
  • No lines for South Carolina-Charleston Southern or Georgia-Murray State or Florida-UT Martin

Enjoy the games!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tennessee is favored by 2.5 vs BYU on some sites. I think they giving Tennessee 3 for being at home and taking 1 and 2 for just being horrid.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think TAMU should be able to keep the score respectable with Kellen Mond at QB so TAMU +19.5 might be a pick. Texas +4 at home might be a good pick as well as Texas is one of the few Big12 teams that plays a little defense.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I think TAMU should be able to keep the score respectable with Kellen Mond at QB so TAMU +19.5 might be a pick. Texas +4 at home might be a good pick as well as Texas is one of the few Big12 teams that plays a little defense.
LSU is a big game for Tom Herman. It will be interesting.....

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Interesting note: on a site I use to get consensus betting lines (it lists 7 Las Vegas sports books), the barn opened up at 21.5. As of this writing, the consensus is down to 17. That's a big move, and crosses a major point number (21). I'm not aware of any significant injuries for the barn, so the movement is based on action, not new information. I wonder if it's love for Tulane, or a realization that, dramatic end notwithstanding, the barn was lucky not to be down 17 at the half against Oregon.

We've held steady at 54.5 - 55. If I were betting, which I'm not, I'd take the NMSU and the points. Barring nastiness I don't want to contemplate, starters should be out by mid-2Q, and you'll see a ton of inexperienced players. They're 2nd and 3rd string for a reason, on top of which cohesion will be a problem. Plus, I think our goal is to simultaneously (1) get reps in the run game (2) get out with no injuries. Which would indicate ground and pound, which means chewing up clock, and a short game with fewer possessions than normal.

We'll win easily. But I don't think we'll score 55, which would make it impossible to bring the number.

Final one that interests me is Georgia State. They started out as pick'em against Furman, and are now a 7.5 point favorite. I just don't see any way they're emotionally ready to play after last week. I think Furman might win outright, and would definitely take the Paladins and the points.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.