What's the Plan for Taulia this year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: What's the Plan for Taulia this year?

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    They're gonna play as many true freshman as they can these first 4-5 games and see what's needed and how they develop. I expect an unexpected QB in this upcoming class who might be good enough to at least compete for the starting nod day 1 in 2020.
    Interesting...…….

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I mean there is a good chance at least one of the three juniors sticks around (my guess is Smith) plus Waddle and Meachie for 2020. Also Trey Sanders, both TEs should be back, and the OL will be mostly intact. If I was a day 1 starter caliber QB prospect, I'd be wanting to sign on with the Tide.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

If we flip Bryce Young from USC, there will be a real battle for QB next year.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    If we flip Bryce Young from USC, there will be a real battle for QB next year.
    That would be an excellent flip

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I have no inside info, but I would have said you are right here before I saw Lia get those snaps in game one. I just assumed MJ would get those snaps and what experience came with them.

IMO, there was just no reason for Lia to get PT unless he's going to play beyond the four game limit this year.
    absolutely .. similar to 09 AJ year

I hope Taulia gets lots of play time like Mac. Saturday would be a good game for that. I want to see Paul Tyson play some too on Saturday, since it is the first home game.

If Tua does leave early for NFL, I sure hope we can flip Bryce Young. It will be interesting to see if Tua (and Jake Fromm also) stay or leave next year. I think they both leave, but who knows. If Tua gets injured again, or we don't win the National Championship, he (or his dad) may decide to stay another year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I hope Taulia gets lots of play time like Mac. Saturday would be a good game for that. I want to see Paul Tyson play some too on Saturday, since it is the first home game.

If Tua does leave early for NFL, I sure hope we can flip Bryce Young. It will be interesting to see if Tua (and Jake Fromm also) stay or leave next year. I think they both leave, but who knows. If Tua gets injured again, or we don't win the National Championship, he (or his dad) may decide to stay another year.
    I can't imagine there would be but one scenario for Tua returning. He get's injured and misses most of the year.

But even then, he'd still be a draft pick...probably not as high.

If Tua gets thru this season unscathed, he's putting up huge numbers. Other than his size, he's the perfect NFL QB. He'd probably enter the league being one of the most accurate. He's got it all. Short throws go thru the eye of a needle and he hits guys in full stride. He throws the intermediate and longer ball beautifully and has the unique ability to "throw someone open."

Without an injury, he's a top pick...maybe THE top pick.

BamaNation All-American

They're gonna play as many true freshman as they can these first 4-5 games and see what's needed and how they develop. I expect an unexpected QB in this upcoming class who might be good enough to at least compete for the starting nod day 1 in 2020.
    Well thats fun

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Good stuff and been waiting to see a strategy emerge from coach given the 4 game rule and the transfer portal evolution. I like the the portal for QBs which I think guarantees the best ones will play somewhere. Heck, we might see Lea in every game this year as his upside is through the roof from what I've seen from him in highschool.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Redshirt this year if he plays in 4 games or less and start next year..

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Anyone here think Mac Jones transfer in the off season?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Anyone here think Mac Jones transfer in the off season?
    If Lia is getting lots of reps it may indicate pecking order status, despite MJ being #2 on the DC.

If we start recruiting a "day one starter" like is being suggested to compete for next year, MJ transferring wouldn't be that shocking.

Is this MJ's 2nd or 3rd year in program?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    If Lia is getting lots of reps it may indicate pecking order status, despite MJ being #2 on the DC.

If we start recruiting a "day one starter" like is being suggested to compete for next year, MJ transferring wouldn't be that shocking.

Is this MJ's 2nd or 3rd year in program?
    This is Mac's third season. He red shirted 2017.