First game at Bryant-Denny!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I can’t imagine sitting in the stands for that or worse playing! I betcha the field temps will hit 120!

Any chance they would move the game to a later kick off time for player and spectator safety?
I'd say about a 0% chance - it's a broadcast game, so far less flexibility.

Just gotta take refillable water bottle(s) and stay hydrated. Being in the west deck would help later in the game - east side is gonna get roasted.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
It really isn't about the distance but more about the time. It will take you 2 hours to just get back to the interstate from the stadium. Bryant-Denny is one of the best places, if not best place, to watch a game but it is the worst place to get home from!

Going to be a great deal of the crow leaving early. Won't be as bad as if it were a close game. Good time to stay till the end.

R.Bama1980

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 4, 2017
Well... it was very hot!! But we stuck it out to the last Yea Alabama !! The kids had fun and are looking forward to next time . Thanks for all the great tips and advice for game day!
Roll Tide Roll

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Depends on the exact location of your seats.

If you’re in any of the west side upper decks (U-1, U-2, or U-3), you’ll be shaded by kickoff. If you’re between the 20s in the lower bowl, I think you’ll probably be shaded unless you’re down low. But you’re dealing with angles, DST, and the changing path of the sun as the year progresses.

If you’re in the sun, it’ll be hitting the back of your neck and maybe one side of your face, and a baseball cap won’t help with any of that.

If there’s any doubt in your mind, to be safe, I’d still recommend the wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen. If it turns out you don’t need them, it’s not a big deal. But if you need them and don’t have them, you’re in for a sunburned and uncomfortable week to 10 days.
For those that care row 15 in West stands had shade at 9:00 mark of the first quarter. Boy was it hot!!! We stayed till the end and waited for players autographs after the game. Both Shane Lee and Chris Harris signed for my kids and were very kind. As was DJ Dale. Those guys were so humble and seemed to enjoy getting asked for their autograph as much as my kids enjoyed getting them!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.