First game at Bryant-Denny!!

R.Bama1980

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 4, 2017
This is the first game ever attended at Bryant-Denny!! Most of my family will be with me, the kids are very excited. Any advice or tips on our visit?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Fantastic - have a blast!

If you look in the 'Gameday' tab above, there are some great tips on how to maximize your enjoyment of your trip to see the Tide Roll.

RTR!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A cap/hat/visor for everyone, sunscreen, drink plenty of fluids, patience, lots of enthusiasm, and don't get to your seats late.

Oh, and Nick says stay til the end of the game. ;)

Roll Tide!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Greg Byrne on Twitter is reminding everyone to bring empty containers in order to be able to fill up with water at cooling stations. It's gonna be a hot day, I'm sure.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Note the Gameday commentary on the East stands. It's in the Tickets section.

Weather will be hot and sunny. If your seats are on the east side, or high in either end zone, be sure to have wide-brimmed hats, good sunglasses, and lots of sunscreen for everybody.

Counter-intuitively, lightweight, loose-fitting, light-colored, long sleeved shirts might not be a bad idea, especially in the east stands. It's what the Saudis wear in the desert, and that east side sun beating down can feel similar.

bstatum22

Oct 9, 2018
No , we will be driving back home . Knoxville isn’t too far lol
It really isn't about the distance but more about the time. It will take you 2 hours to just get back to the interstate from the stadium. Bryant-Denny is one of the best places, if not best place, to watch a game but it is the worst place to get home from!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
This is the first game ever attended at Bryant-Denny!! Most of my family will be with me, the kids are very excited. Any advice or tips on our visit?
Hope ya'll have a wonderful time! We will be there also...cheering on the Tide! Have a lot of fun, but stay hydrated...it will be hot Saturday.

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Note the Gameday commentary on the East stands. It's in the Tickets section.

Weather will be hot and sunny. If your seats are on the east side, or high in either end zone, be sure to have wide-brimmed hats, good sunglasses, and lots of sunscreen for everybody.

Counter-intuitively, lightweight, loose-fitting, light-colored, long sleeved shirts might not be a bad idea, especially in the east stands. It's what the Saudis wear in the desert, and that east side sun beating down can feel similar.
At 3 in the afternoon in the West side will it be in shade yet?

Thanks for any info.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
At 3 in the afternoon in the West side will it be in shade yet?

Thanks for any info.
Depends on the exact location of your seats.

If you’re in any of the west side upper decks (U-1, U-2, or U-3), you’ll be shaded by kickoff. If you’re between the 20s in the lower bowl, I think you’ll probably be shaded unless you’re down low. But you’re dealing with angles, DST, and the changing path of the sun as the year progresses.

If you’re in the sun, it’ll be hitting the back of your neck and maybe one side of your face, and a baseball cap won’t help with any of that.

If there’s any doubt in your mind, to be safe, I’d still recommend the wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen. If it turns out you don’t need them, it’s not a big deal. But if you need them and don’t have them, you’re in for a sunburned and uncomfortable week to 10 days.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Be sure to check traffic patterns on Waze because Tuscaloosa is and has been for the last 5 years or so the land of the orange barrel. I think the State ALDOT Auburn engineers are screwing us personally. Plan to park either at Central high school or the church behind it if you don't have a parking pass somewhere. Bring a yeti type cup to the game for water. The University will have water stations throughout the stadium, you'll need it. Have fun and Roll tide.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Spann is predicting a heat index of 105° tomorrow in Tuscaloosa - gonna be super hot in BDS. Y'all be prepared...
I can’t imagine sitting in the stands for that or worse playing! I betcha the field temps will hit 120!

Any chance they would move the game to a later kick off time for player and spectator safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.