Jake Bentley out at least 6 weeks with broken foot.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Number 4 pro-style QB coming in, so he is good. Is he ready for the SEC???? Who knows???
I hate to see anyone get injured from any team. Hope he heals quickly.

I read the South Carolina message boards for a few minutes just to get a feel for the backup QB. Their posters seem to think Hilinski will be better, though not immediately, than Bentley.

I am sure Saban is already starting to research him and prepare for him. Bama Defense better be ready.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
There is some history of guys coming off the bench with little or no experience and lighting us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I heard he hurt it kicking at a trash can when he was told he might be losing his starter job - and hit a locker instead.

No sign of him limping after the loss to the Heels, so could be credible.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
I'm going with the "too convenient to be true" theory.

His father is on the coaching staff. My guess is that it's total BS to shield him from any embarrassment of losing his starting job to a true freshman.

He was running around like a wild man at the end of the game, and plenty of film shows him walking just fine afterwards.

Just my opinion.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Backup qb is always the best player on the team when the starter is struggling.

Since torching Clemson, Bentley has looked pretty bad in his last 3 starts. They are running the wrong offense for his talents (drop back passer). Against Clemson they gave up any pretense of running the ball, mostly abandoned the RPO and just let Bentley drop back and throw the ball all over the field. It worked so well that Muschamp has not allowed his offensive staff to try it again...and the offense has predictably looked awful. Muschamp is as horrible an offensive coach as everyone at Florida thought he was. Up 13-3 he basically went ultra conservative and hoped his suspect D could hold on to win it. Bentley is somewhat overrated, but the coaching staff basically working against him by running wrong offense and not letting him play his game doesn't help. Hilsinki is unknown commodity, but he was highly recruited. Regardless of whether or not the freshman can ignite the Gamecock offense, they simply do not have the defense (especially the secondary) to stop Bama.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Tough luck for Bently. It will be interesting to see what happens. Overall, I've been underwhelmed by Muschamp as a HC. I wonder how long he'll be able to hold on at USCe?

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Tough luck for Bently. It will be interesting to see what happens. Overall, I've been underwhelmed by Muschamp as a HC. I wonder how long he'll be able to hold on at USCe?
Never know in this day of instant gratification, but best guess would be he has one more year barring total meltdown this season, if for no other reason his huge buyout ($18 mil). He could be a decent coach if he would let go of the offense, but he simply is unwilling to do so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.