Rest in peace, TommyMac... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: TommyMac...

RIP TommyMac. I was wondering why he had stopped posting. He will be missed.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I remember him well. Sorry for your loss.

A line for a funeral I did recently that would be good for all of us to remember:

"Every relationship we have has an expiration date in its back pocket. We just don't know when it will be."

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Godspeed, TommyMac, and Roll Tide. Your family is in my prayers.

Prayers for your family.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

Re: Rest in peace, TommyMac...

Quote Originally Posted by BoscoOFD View Post
    I am sick to hear this...I worked with Tommy at the Orlando Fire Department from 1974 until his retirement around 1990. We worked at Station 11 together for many years. In fact, the day I walked in to the station Tommy said, "who is your favorite college football team?" I said, "Alabama," to which Tommy replied, "Son, we are gonna get along fine."

Tommy was an Engineer (driver/pump operator) but for about six months with our Lt. out with injury, he rode out of grade as Lt. We had a lot of fun, while getting the job done. I actually met Tommy first playing football for the Freaks in the Freaks vs Fuzz games. We played regulation football, we were mostly college students and he was playing for the cops. Tommy played nose guard for them, and he was very quick and agile. I was the Freaks QB. We won easily, but Tommy gave me a fit all game, regularly beating our center and chasing me out of the pocket. A very good all round athlete, we played on some championship winning softball teams for the Fire Department. When my daughter Lindsay was born in 1982 Tommy left a lil Alabama Cheerleader outfit on the front door.

Tommy was a voracious reader, especially of Alabama football, history (especially like WWII) and if I remember also western novels. He was so much fun to be around and made everyday on duty a blast. I had not heard from him in years but around 2011 I was racing my Corvette at Roebling Road in Georgia and he called out of the blue. We had a wonderful, but too brief conversation. I messaged him from time to time on here, but then he suddenly stopped responding .

Tommy Mac was a great friend, father, firefighter and a whole lot more. As many know, he was very intelligent with a quick wit. I am gonna miss my buddy and am sad I did not get to see him in his later years.

Godspeed Brother... I Love ya !

Robert "Bosco" Logsdon
    DeLand, Fl
    Great post and very nice tribute, Bob.

I feel like I knew him, even though we'd never met.

Condolences on the loss of your good friend - and also to his family and his friends here on Tide Fans.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

There are lots of posters here that I enjoy. He was probably the first one that was a must read for every post. Been missing him for a while but certainly glad he is in a better place. RIP TommyMac.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Second Team

Condolences, to one who I know has been on this website since way back around the turn of the century. I started visiting this board in 1999, and I recall his posts from them, even when I was only 24. He was a valued contributor then, and we will miss him dearly. Thank you for letting us know, and peace to his family at this time. He will watching the Tide play from the better place he is at now!

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Very sad to hear this. Back when I joined this board in 2003, TommyMac was one of the first posters on here that I interacted with. He had to set me straight a few times early on but I grew to greatly respect him and loved reading his posts and always wanted to know his opinion on the latest in Bama football. He was an old time Bama fan that could really tell some interesting stories too. He also had a GREAT recipe for barbecue sauce over on the Grillin and Chillin board that I still use to this day(lol). He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

I knew he struggled with his health, may he rest in peace. We didn't always see eye to eye on everything but we were friends. He loved the Crimson Tide and had old school class.

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

RIP TommyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team

Rest In Peace TommyMac.

So sorry. Prayers for the family.

Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

rip tommymac....................roll tide forever!