Rest in peace, TommyMac... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: TommyMac...

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I am sorry for your loss, ALB215.

Godspeed, TommyMac, and Roll Tide forever.
    I enjoyed TommyMac's post. He will be missed.
    Sorry for your loss.

BamaNation Scout Team

Re: Rest in peace, TommyMac...

Quote Originally Posted by BoscoOFD View Post
    I am sick to hear this...I worked with Tommy at the Orlando Fire Department from 1974 until his retirement around 1990. We worked at Station 11 together for many years. In fact, the day I walked in to the station Tommy said, "who is your favorite college football team?" I said, "Alabama," to which Tommy replied, "Son, we are gonna get along fine."

Tommy was an Engineer (driver/pump operator) but for about six months with our Lt. out with injury, he rode out of grade as Lt. We had a lot of fun, while getting the job done. I actually met Tommy first playing football for the Freaks in the Freaks vs Fuzz games. We played regulation football, we were mostly college students and he was playing for the cops. Tommy played nose guard for them, and he was very quick and agile. I was the Freaks QB. We won easily, but Tommy gave me a fit all game, regularly beating our center and chasing me out of the pocket. A very good all round athlete, we played on some championship winning softball teams for the Fire Department. When my daughter Lindsay was born in 1982 Tommy left a lil Alabama Cheerleader outfit on the front door.

Tommy was a voracious reader, especially of Alabama football, history (especially like WWII) and if I remember also western novels. He was so much fun to be around and made everyday on duty a blast. I had not heard from him in years but around 2011 I was racing my Corvette at Roebling Road in Georgia and he called out of the blue. We had a wonderful, but too brief conversation. I messaged him from time to time on here, but then he suddenly stopped responding .

Tommy Mac was a great friend, father, firefighter and a whole lot more. As many know, he was very intelligent with a quick wit. I am gonna miss my buddy and am sad I did not get to see him in his later years.

Godspeed Brother... I Love ya !

Robert "Bosco" Logsdon
    DeLand, Fl
    Sounds like some damn good times. I enjoyed reading your post. I remember you from when I was little kid visiting my grandpa at the fire station. I remember my grandfather mentioning that you're a member on this site, so I was hoping you'd see this post. He always had nothing but good things to say about you. How have you been these days? Hope all is well.

BamaNation Scout Team

Re: TommyMac...

Thank you all for the nice words. Roll Tide!
    Last edited by ALB215; September 4th, 2019 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Wrong comment

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Lmao, oh man that is great stuff. Very funny 😂. Btw I have Butch and am taking good care of him. My grandpa loved that dog so much.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALB215 View Post
    Lmao, oh man that is great stuff. Very funny ��. Btw I have Butch and am taking good care of him. My grandpa loved that dog so much.
    Glad to know Butch is in good hands, Tommy did love that pooch.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Sorry to hear about your loss and the loss of a Tidefans family member. Always liked him! RIP TommyMac.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Second Team

Your grandpa was one of the most favorrite men of my life and a mentor. Loved that man. He was simply the best. Praying for you and your family. "Bosco"

Lmao, oh man that is great stuff. Very funny . Btw I have Butch and am taking good care of him. My grandpa loved that dog so much.
    Thanks for letting us know. He and I used to correspond frequently via PM. He never hesitated to tell me how the site could be better run. I knew that his quality of life had dipped a great deal after moving back to Mobile. In fact, IIRC, he had become wheelchair bound. Our communication sort of tapered off. We all miss him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

He was my grandfather. I figured y'all would want to know he passed away. He was a long time member here and this place meant a lot to him and brought him so much joy in life. I thought this would be a good post for y'all to pay your respects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...ichael-8719089

P.S. I'm sorry for how late this is. Even before my grandfather died I signed up twice on here and never got a confirmation email.
    Very sorry to hear about your loss, I always enjoyed his posts on here. RIP TommyMac

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Very sorry to hear of your loss. TommyMac was one of those posters you paid attention to. RIP. Give Banjeaux a hearty Roll Tide when you get to them pearly gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

I really hate to hear this news. TommyMac was certainly one of our keystones here. As internet message boards in general, and this site in particular, "matures" over the years, we're starting to see the first wave of people who are both long-term contributors as well as early members begin to pass away. This is still a new phenomenon for us humans, and it's never easy.

I had mentioned this to friends and family recently: We take a lot of pictures of "firsts." Our kids' first steps, our first home, our first time at a particular vacation spot, etc. We don't know how to remember the "lasts" very well. One day we will pick up our kids and carry them in our arms for the last time and no one will tell us it will never happen again. We all went, one day, into the yard to throw the ball around with our dads (or moms, or siblings) and then never did it again afterward. One day I will write my last story here for TideFans without knowing there won't be a next. One day recently, some of you read a TommyMac post and didn't know he'd never make another.

Our prayers go out to the family. May the joy of remembrance outweigh the pain of grief.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

BamaNation All-American

RIP Tommy Mac. Eloquent poster. Thanks for going to the effort to let us know.
    Roll Tide

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    I really hate to hear this news. TommyMac was certainly one of our keystones here. As internet message boards in general, and this site in particular, "matures" over the years, we're starting to see the first wave of people who are both long-term contributors as well as early members begin to pass away. This is still a new phenomenon for us humans, and it's never easy.

I had mentioned this to friends and family recently: We take a lot of pictures of "firsts." Our kids' first steps, our first home, our first time at a particular vacation spot, etc. We don't know how to remember the "lasts" very well. One day we will pick up our kids and carry them in our arms for the last time and no one will tell us it will never happen again. We all went, one day, into the yard to throw the ball around with our dads (or moms, or siblings) and then never did it again afterward. One day I will write my last story here for TideFans without knowing there won't be a next. One day recently, some of you read a TommyMac post and didn't know he'd never make another.

Our prayers go out to the family. May the joy of remembrance outweigh the pain of grief.
    Cat's In The Cradle for all of us. The OFC knows what I'm talking about.

For the non-OFC, YouTube Harry Chapin's song of that name. Have an adult beverage handy, listen to the song, and tell somebody you love them....preferably face-to-face, alternatively over the phone. But not email, and definitely not text.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; September 5th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.