Rest in peace, TommyMac...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Scout Team

Rest in peace, TommyMac...

He was my grandfather. I figured y'all would want to know he passed away. He was a long time member here and this place meant a lot to him and brought him so much joy in life. I thought this would be a good post for y'all to pay your respects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...ichael-8719089

P.S. I'm sorry for how late this is. Even before my grandfather died I signed up twice on here and never got a confirmation email.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Hotter than Dog Days here!!!"

Re: TommyMac...

This truly sad news, TommyMac was a true Bama fan quick wit and intelligent. I always enjoyed his posts, he is missed.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

I am sorry for your loss, ALB215.

Godspeed, TommyMac, and Roll Tide forever.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

A couple of posts that exemplify TommyMac:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/show...ll=1#post25156

Bubba was an underachieving blowhard who probably reached his peak in the Police Academy movies.

The huge Nebraska linemen said that they were extremely frustrated by the BAMA O-linemen. Said that they were so quick and blocked at such precise angles that they could hardly move before they were taken out of the play.

This joke came out immediately after the Sugar Bowl........Seems Bob Devaney's little granddaughter crawled up in his lap and asked him to read her a bedtime story. He said "Sure sweetheart, what's the name of the story?" She replied "The Three Bears". Devaney turned pale and gasped "Oh my God, don't tell me there's two more of them".
    https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77109

Yesterday was a great day (Bama fan related)

I had to run a bunch of errands and do some shopping. During the entire day, I never saw even one vehicle flying a boog flag, nor did I see even one goober in barner gear, not a single cap or shirt. The Crimson nation was out in force though, lots of "Roll Tides" exchanged throughout the day.

Then to cap off the day, when I took my dog for his evening walk, he took care of his business in grand style, he peed on the tire of a truck with a barner tag on the front and about 3 minutes later he took a power dump in the yard of a house with another truck with a barner tag in the driveway. I gave him a big "Good job Butch" and lots of doggie treats when we got back home.

Butch seems to be especially partial to pig's ears when it comes to chewable treats, I wonder if he also has a deep hatred for Razorbacks too?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Sorry to hear of your loss, ALB215.

Rest in peace, TommyMac.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Condolences to TommyMac's whole family.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Re: Rest in peace, TommyMac...

Rest In Peace Tommy Mac.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I made the comment in a post just last week about Tommy Mac and that his last post pertained to him being in poor health. I am so very sorry to hear this, he was a true Bama fan, but more importantly a friend to a lot of us on Tidefans.

Tommy indoctrinated me early on after I joined here, he was quick to praise and equally quick to criticize. He was the kind of friend you wanted, but he did not let being a friend stand in the way of his ire. ALB215, please accept my deepest condolences to you and Tommy's family. Godspeed and Roll Tide, Tommy, Rest in Peace.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Thank you alb for letting us know and very sorry to hear this.

TommyMac was a very early member (#2682) and registered in April 2001.

He had over 14,000 posts between then and 2016!!! Lots of good stuff eveytime he posted and we all loved his wit.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

BamaNation All-American mikeua69's Avatar

Us old timers remember him well. RIP Tommy Mac
    RTR

BamaNation Second Team

I am sick to hear this...I worked with Tommy at the Orlando Fire Department from 1974 until his retirement around 1990. We worked at Station 11 together for many years. In fact, the day I walked in to the station Tommy said, "who is your favorite college football team?" I said, "Alabama," to which Tommy replied, "Son, we are gonna get along fine."

Tommy was an Engineer (driver/pump operator) but for about six months with our Lt. out with injury, he rode out of grade as Lt. We had a lot of fun, while getting the job done. I actually met Tommy first playing football for the Freaks in the Freaks vs Fuzz games. We played regulation football, we were mostly college students and he was playing for the cops. Tommy played nose guard for them, and he was very quick and agile. I was the Freaks QB. We won easily, but Tommy gave me a fit all game, regularly beating our center and chasing me out of the pocket. A very good all round athlete, we played on some championship winning softball teams for the Fire Department. When my daughter Lindsay was born in 1982 Tommy left a lil Alabama Cheerleader outfit on the front door.

Tommy was a voracious reader, especially of Alabama football, history (especially like WWII) and if I remember also western novels. He was so much fun to be around and made everyday on duty a blast. I had not heard from him in years but around 2011 I was racing my Corvette at Roebling Road in Georgia and he called out of the blue. We had a wonderful, but too brief conversation. I messaged him from time to time on here, but then he suddenly stopped responding .

Tommy Mac was a great friend, father, firefighter and a whole lot more. As many know, he was very intelligent with a quick wit. I am gonna miss my buddy and am sad I did not get to see him in his later years.

Godspeed Brother... I Love ya !

Robert "Bosco" Logsdon
    DeLand, Fl
    Last edited by BoscoOFD; September 3rd, 2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Both great threads! Thanks for sharing them.

My condolences to the TommyMac family.

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

To me, one of the true bluebloods of Tidefans. Had missed his presence here for a long time. God rest his soul, and RTR.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis