• Sad
Reactions: Con

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Re: TommyMac...

A couple of posts that exemplify TommyMac:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5156&p=25156&viewfull=1#post25156

Bubba was an underachieving blowhard who probably reached his peak in the Police Academy movies.

The huge Nebraska linemen said that they were extremely frustrated by the BAMA O-linemen. Said that they were so quick and blocked at such precise angles that they could hardly move before they were taken out of the play.

This joke came out immediately after the Sugar Bowl........Seems Bob Devaney's little granddaughter crawled up in his lap and asked him to read her a bedtime story. He said "Sure sweetheart, what's the name of the story?" She replied "The Three Bears". Devaney turned pale and gasped "Oh my God, don't tell me there's two more of them".
https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77109

Yesterday was a great day (Bama fan related)

I had to run a bunch of errands and do some shopping. During the entire day, I never saw even one vehicle flying a boog flag, nor did I see even one goober in barner gear, not a single cap or shirt. The Crimson nation was out in force though, lots of "Roll Tides" exchanged throughout the day. :BigA::BigA::BigA:

Then to cap off the day, when I took my dog for his evening walk, he took care of his business in grand style, he peed on the tire of a truck with a barner tag on the front and about 3 minutes later he took a power dump in the yard of a house with another truck with a barner tag in the driveway. I gave him a big "Good job Butch" and lots of doggie treats when we got back home.

Butch seems to be especially partial to pig's ears when it comes to chewable treats, I wonder if he also has a deep hatred for Razorbacks too? :biggrin:​

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I made the comment in a post just last week about Tommy Mac and that his last post pertained to him being in poor health. I am so very sorry to hear this, he was a true Bama fan, but more importantly a friend to a lot of us on Tidefans.

Tommy indoctrinated me early on after I joined here, he was quick to praise and equally quick to criticize. He was the kind of friend you wanted, but he did not let being a friend stand in the way of his ire. ALB215, please accept my deepest condolences to you and Tommy's family. Godspeed and Roll Tide, Tommy, Rest in Peace.

Reactions: dathbama and ALB215

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thank you alb for letting us know and very sorry to hear this.

TommyMac was a very early member (#2682) and registered in April 2001.

He had over 14,000 posts between then and 2016!!! Lots of good stuff eveytime he posted and we all loved his wit.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

Reactions: ALB215

BoscoOFD

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2010
Orange City, Fl
I am sick to hear this...I worked with Tommy at the Orlando Fire Department from 1974 until his retirement around 1990. We worked at Station 11 together for many years. In fact, the day I walked in to the station Tommy said, "who is your favorite college football team?" I said, "Alabama," to which Tommy replied, "Son, we are gonna get along fine."

Tommy was an Engineer (driver/pump operator) but for about six months with our Lt. out with injury, he rode out of grade as Lt. We had a lot of fun, while getting the job done. I actually met Tommy first playing football for the Freaks in the Freaks vs Fuzz games. We played regulation football, we were mostly college students and he was playing for the cops. Tommy played nose guard for them, and he was very quick and agile. I was the Freaks QB. We won easily, but Tommy gave me a fit all game, regularly beating our center and chasing me out of the pocket. A very good all round athlete, we played on some championship winning softball teams for the Fire Department. When my daughter Lindsay was born in 1982 Tommy left a lil Alabama Cheerleader outfit on the front door.

Tommy was a voracious reader, especially of Alabama football, history (especially like WWII) and if I remember also western novels. He was so much fun to be around and made everyday on duty a blast. I had not heard from him in years but around 2011 I was racing my Corvette at Roebling Road in Georgia and he called out of the blue. We had a wonderful, but too brief conversation. I messaged him from time to time on here, but then he suddenly stopped responding .

Tommy Mac was a great friend, father, firefighter and a whole lot more. As many know, he was very intelligent with a quick wit. I am gonna miss my buddy and am sad I did not get to see him in his later years.

Godspeed Brother... I Love ya !

Robert "Bosco" Logsdon
DeLand, Fl

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I remember him well. Sorry for your loss.

A line for a funeral I did recently that would be good for all of us to remember:

"Every relationship we have has an expiration date in its back pocket. We just don't know when it will be."

Reactions: dathbama and ALB215

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I am sick to hear this...I worked with Tommy at the Orlando Fire Department from 1974 until his retirement around 1990. We worked at Station 11 together for many years. In fact, the day I walked in to the station Tommy said, "who is your favorite college football team?" I said, "Alabama," to which Tommy replied, "Son, we are gonna get along fine."

Tommy was an Engineer (driver/pump operator) but for about six months with our Lt. out with injury, he rode out of grade as Lt. We had a lot of fun, while getting the job done. I actually met Tommy first playing football for the Freaks in the Freaks vs Fuzz games. We played regulation football, we were mostly college students and he was playing for the cops. Tommy played nose guard for them, and he was very quick and agile. I was the Freaks QB. We won easily, but Tommy gave me a fit all game, regularly beating our center and chasing me out of the pocket. A very good all round athlete, we played on some championship winning softball teams for the Fire Department. When my daughter Lindsay was born in 1982 Tommy left a lil Alabama Cheerleader outfit on the front door.

Tommy was a voracious reader, especially of Alabama football, history (especially like WWII) and if I remember also western novels. He was so much fun to be around and made everyday on duty a blast. I had not heard from him in years but around 2011 I was racing my Corvette at Roebling Road in Georgia and he called out of the blue. We had a wonderful, but too brief conversation. I messaged him from time to time on here, but then he suddenly stopped responding .

Tommy Mac was a great friend, father, firefighter and a whole lot more. As many know, he was very intelligent with a quick wit. I am gonna miss my buddy and am sad I did not get to see him in his later years.

Godspeed Brother... I Love ya !

Robert "Bosco" Logsdon
DeLand, Fl
Great post and very nice tribute, Bob.

I feel like I knew him, even though we'd never met.

Condolences on the loss of your good friend - and also to his family and his friends here on Tide Fans.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
There are lots of posters here that I enjoy. He was probably the first one that was a must read for every post. Been missing him for a while but certainly glad he is in a better place. RIP TommyMac.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

Condolences, to one who I know has been on this website since way back around the turn of the century. I started visiting this board in 1999, and I recall his posts from them, even when I was only 24. He was a valued contributor then, and we will miss him dearly. Thank you for letting us know, and peace to his family at this time. He will watching the Tide play from the better place he is at now!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.