Link: Wheels already falling off at FSU for Willie Taggart.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This isn't going to end well for Taggart. He's obviously over his head.

Earlier Tuesday, Florida State offensive lineman Baveon Johnson questioned the team's conditioning level, saying it "wasn't our strong suit." Johnson later said of the Boise State game, "No, we weren't prepared. I wasn't prepared, we all weren't prepared."

"I feel like it was just conditioning overall," he added. "That's what we need to get better at."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27528045/dehydration-possible-factor-fsu-loss

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
How is Boise State, from the high altitude colder climate of Idaho, in better condition to play a game in Tallahassee, Florida in September than is Florida State?

Or could it be that the play differential was nearly 50 more plays for Boise than FSU? Any defense is going to wilt in that kind of game, cold, hot, hydrated, or not.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
How is Boise State, from the high altitude colder climate of Idaho, in better condition to play a game in Tallahassee, Florida in September than is Florida State?

Or could it be that the play differential was nearly 50 more plays for Boise than FSU? Any defense is going to wilt in that kind of game, cold, hot, hydrated, or not.
I had to look up the elevation, Boise is only at 2730', so there isn't a mountain benefit, but I agree about the heat/humidity part of it.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Speaking of Boise St, I don't think the media and football fans are giving enough credit and love for their freshman QB Hank Bachmeier.
For all the hype and adoration over Bo Nix who had below average stats, good ole Hank completed 30-of-51 passes for 407 yards with a touchdown and one interception in a win on the road vs a traditional power house. This kid will only get better and he is only a freshman.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Willie Taggart is just a horrible coach that had no business being Oregon’s coach and definitely no business being FSU’s. While I say Scott Frost is one of the most overrated coaches at a major program, at least he had major coordinator positions to go with his short success at a G5 school.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I had to look up the elevation, Boise is only at 2730', so there isn't a mountain benefit, but I agree about the heat/humidity part of it.
I just wondered if it would typically be more difficult for them to come down to a place with so much more heat and humidity. Elevation may not have a thing to do with that, I guess.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
A Florida State friend of mine, who dislikes Willie Taggart even more after the last game, says she heard Boise cranked up the heat in an indoor facility to try and simulate what they would feel down at FSU. By the end of the third quarter of that game you could tell who was not in shape.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I just wondered if it would typically be more difficult for them to come down to a place with so much more heat and humidity. Elevation may not have a thing to do with that, I guess.
Since you mentioned elevation, I thought maybe you were taking that into account too. It's pretty common for people in cardio sports to train in CO and UT so that they can train at elevation. They get used to that elevation, then come down to the heavier air with more oxygen and kick butt.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Not good....not good at all. Funny how winning masks a lot of things. FSU was up big in the 1st half. And they looked like the 90s Noles chest-bumping and trash talking. 108 defensive plays later and now it's, "we weren't conditioned". I don't like that from him. At all.

And from Coach Taggart's standpoint, he's only a couple years removed from having a near mutiny on his hands and an absolute PR disaster for his S&C program at Oregon. He can't win for losing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Losing is the big problem, but then when he speaks in the post-game presser he just doesn't sound very "coach-like." He sounds uncertain and timid...not the best type of personality for leading people.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Since you mentioned elevation, I thought maybe you were taking that into account too. It's pretty common for people in cardio sports to train in CO and UT so that they can train at elevation. They get used to that elevation, then come down to the heavier air with more oxygen and kick butt.
That makes sense. They build up capacity in their lungs. I sort of had that mixed up.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That whole program is a dumpster fire and, like him or not, Fisher was able to mask a lot of it with decent coaching and recruiting. I predict a long, steep downfall for Freeshoes U.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That whole program is a dumpster fire and, like him or not, Fisher was able to mask a lot of it with decent coaching and recruiting. I predict a long, steep downfall for Freeshoes U.
Except for 2014 and the 90's under Bowden, they'll just go back to normal.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Except for 2014 and the 90's under Bowden, they'll just go back to normal.

When The Pirate comes to Tally from Wazzu and makes Mickey Andrews his first (re-)hire as DC, things will be different. Different in Columbia, too, with Cocky waiting for Little Willie II (Tagamet) to do his falling upward routine and replace his cracked mirror image, Little Willie I. That would mean LWII returning next year to the scene of his greatest "triumph" - Western Ky.'s 35-0 loss to 'Bama in 2012 at BDS that started Tagamet on his Peter Principle "orbit."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.