It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

I have a feeling LSU and Twelvesee win.

My brain tells me Clemson wins, though my gut thinks A&M will have a shot at it. I don't see Clemson blowing them out unless they score fast, often, and early - build a 21 point lead in the first or second quarter and it's over. But A&M will come in confident after last year's showing, and Fisher is familiar with Dabo and co, and I can't ignore Clemson losing that DL.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

The SEC really did have an uncharacteristic week, and this will really determine the direction of the conference as a whole. The SEC West is still ranked #1 according to Sagarin, but the SEC East is all the way down at #7 and could cement a lower ranking with losses to WVU and BYU. Come playoff time, this will matter when it comes to quality wins and the like, so I'll be pulling for the SEC.

I'm nervous about the four SEC games, but the one I feel best about is probably LSU.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    The SEC really did have an uncharacteristic week, and this will really determine the direction of the conference as a whole. The SEC West is still ranked #1 according to Sagarin, but the SEC East is all the way down at #7 and could cement a lower ranking with losses to WVU and BYU. Come playoff time, this will matter when it comes to quality wins and the like, so I'll be pulling for the SEC.

I'm nervous about the four SEC games, but the one I feel best about is probably LSU.
    While I’m pulling for aTm, have no lean for LSU-Texas, and kinda pulling for the Zou... I just can’t pull for Tennessee over BYU. Just can’t, won’t, and will never ever even if God allows me 10 more years pull for Tennessee.

BamaNation First Team

I got Texas, BYU, and Clemson.

I'm not a Jimbo fan. Take away Winston and he's just another average coach. Plus the place was a mess when he left.

LSU vs Texas is a tough one to call. I think it will be a competitive, low-scoring game. I’ll go LSU 27 Texas 24.

My head tells me that Clemson beats aTm by three TDs. I don’t want that, but TL will probably have a huge rebound game from last week. Clemson 41 aTm 20.

Tennessee squeaks past a gritty BYU, but the albatross of GA State is there, perhaps forever.
    Tenn 14 BYU 10.

Mizzou will show up big at home and take down WVU, 38-27.

Vandy and Purdue - both teams need a win if they are gonna hope to get bowl eligible later. Vandy needs it more though. I’ll say Dores 33 Boilermakers 30.

BamaNation Third Team Blindside17's Avatar

I will remove my crimson glasses for a minute. LSU is the real deal and will prove it Saturday at Texas.They WILL be a handful for Bama in November you can bank that, they have tons of talent. . I just don't see A&M knocking off Clemson at their place. It may be close for a while but Clemson takes over eventually.Tennesee rebounds this week to knock of BYU if not, Pruitt's seat will start getting mighty toasty. The rest of them ahh who cares.

BamaNation Third Team Blindside17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside17 View Post
    I will remove my crimson glasses for a minute. LSU is the real deal and will prove it Saturday at Texas.They WILL be a handful for Bama in November you can bank that, they have tons of talent. . I just don't see A&M knocking off Clemson at their place. It may be close for a while but Clemson takes over eventually.Tennesee rebounds this week to knock of BYU if not, Pruitt's seat will start getting mighty toasty. The rest of them ahh who cares.
    I will also add this nugget. It is going to be tough sledding to go through the SEC west undefeated this season. Would not be surprised to see Bama,LSU, A&M and Auburn beat up on each other this year some .I think we could see several games where team A beats B and C but loses to D but yet team D loses to C and B and so on. Just my opinion. Add to this a couple these teams play the Dawgs which certainly is rght there with the top west teams.Should be a very interesting October and November.

BamaNation Second Team

Re: It’s “ wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    1) LSU @ Texas. - I think this is going to be one of those games that proves why the SEC is better than other conferences. Sure there are some bad teams but we have more top tier teams than most. LSU

2) BYU @ Tennessee- The loss Tennessee had this past weekend is going to really mess with there heads. Plus they're bad. But for some reason I think they bounce back an win this one Tennessee

3) aTm @ Clemson. - Look, if both QBs play like they did last week this game could be closer than it should be. Mond looked good and made some incredible throws. I can see how an upset could happen. On the other hand I think TL has a better game and I have zero confidence in picking Clemson to lose to a team I think we'd beat by 20. AND then that aTm player had to say they would win. All of that said and despite my better judgement, Texas A&M it is

4) WVU @ Mizzou. - Didn't watch the Mizzou game but heard Kelly Bryant did alright despite losing to Wyoming. Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- Nebraska

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan - begrudgingly. They're going to get upset this year though.
    2) Miami @ UNC. UNC
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Maryland - Syracuse is overrated and I like Locksley enough and I always kinda root for UMD since I grew up in MD.
    4) Stanford @ USC. Stanford
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington -I want Eason to be better than Fromm
    I used to live at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland as a young boy army brat. I lived there in late 60's early seventies.

BamaNation First Team

1) LSU @ Texas - LSU

2) BYU @ Tennessee- BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson - Clemson in a tight game

4) WVU @ Mizzou. WVU

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- Nebraska

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan - Michigan
    2) Miami @ UNC - UNC
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland - Syracuse
    4) Stanford @ USC - Stanford
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

1) LSU @ Texas. - LSU

2) BYU @ Tennessee- BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson - Clemson

4) WVU @ Mizzou - WVU

5) Nebraska @ Colorado - Colorado

Bonus

2) Miami @ UNC - UNC
    5) Cal @ Washington - Washington

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

I guess I'm just going to have to be shown that LSU is legit before I believe it. Although I did not realize how banged up Texas is...

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside17 View Post
    I will also add this nugget. It is going to be tough sledding to go through the SEC west undefeated this season. Would not be surprised to see Bama,LSU, A&M and Auburn beat up on each other this year some .I think we could see several games where team A beats B and C but loses to D but yet team D loses to C and B and so on. Just my opinion. Add to this a couple these teams play the Dawgs which certainly is rght there with the top west teams.Should be a very interesting October and November.
    LSU, A&M and Auburn cannot keep up with us on offense. So, I don't believe they can outscore us.

I do think we see some games where we give up 20-25 points ..... but none of those offenses can score like we can..... and that's what keeps us undefeated going into the SECCG
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame tusks_n_raider's Avatar

1) LSU @ Texas - I really REALLY want to pick LSU here. Joe Burrow had probably his best statistical game ever last week and their Offensive explosion was surprising even against a cupcake. But.... I'm just still not sold on them yet until they convincingly beat a tough opponent with Burrow looking that good. So I'm picking Texas in a CLOSE game. However IF L8U wins then our showdown with them this year will likely be for the SEC West.

2) BYU @ Tennessee - I want to pick BYU here but they are a BAD team. UT will probably be a dumpster fire all year but they still have enough talent to win this one if CJP hasn't totally lost the team. I'll probably regret this but I'm picking Tennessee in another CLOSE game.

3) aTm @ Clemson - Clemson is going to DESTROY A&M. I pick Clemson

4) WVU @ Mizzou - Man another TOUGH pick here. WVU barely beat James Madison and Mizzou got punked by Wyoming. Still Kelly Bryant had a nice debut for in the Tigers and in a game that might become a shootout I'm picking Missouri.

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- Nebraska still looks like a team in transition schematically/philosophically and Colorado looks like a team that is perpetually rebuilding. This might be that hardest pick this week. I'm flipping a coin here but ultimately going with the home team. I pick Colorado

Bonus

2) Miami @ UNC - Miami
    5) Cal @ Washington - Washington